Combo Living/Dining HT room in Condo

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by AlbertL, Jun 6, 2003.

1. AlbertL

AlbertL Agent

One day I'll have a dedicated HT room, where I can finally join the front projection crowd.

In the meantime, I've finally got my first floor living/dining room set up to the point I deem it worthy enough to share with you esteemed folks.

Still plenty of room for upgrades! Here is the link, pics are a bit dark and this is my first shot at a web page.

http://home.austin.rr.com/ayl1967/

Albert

P.S. Hopefully the moderators can put this in the HT section.

2. sean_pecor

sean_pecor Stunt Coordinator

Nice setup! I really like your wood blinds. How well do they block light when you want to watch a movie during the day?

Sean.

3. AlbertL

AlbertL Agent

Thanks! The shutters help prevent glare from being a huge problem, but don't cut out all daylight of course. If I want that to happen I'll have to put in actual drapes.

And there are two other windows to the right side, in a sort of "atrium" to the entrance. I haven't put blinds on those windows yet. Yet another thing to spend money on (sigh).

Albert

4. Mike Darksyde

Where do you live in austin, I live in Austin...what condos are those?

5. David Preston

David Preston Supporting Actor

Nice I believe our living room/HT are the same color. I also like the plantation shutters. I just have the regular 2in blinds now but in my next house I will have the shutters. I also have a lot of window and those shutters are expensive.

6. AlbertL

AlbertL Agent

Mike, the condo is, um, more or less north. I hate disclosing specifics in a public board. But it's your standard cookie cutter condo; I painted the place and made improvements after I bought it.

David - agreed on the shutters. Oof they cost, don't they? But they were still cheaper than most of the components people buy on this board [​IMG]

Albert

7. Rob||Kur||

Rob||Kur|| Stunt Coordinator

That's a nice green. Do you know what paint brand/color that is?

8. AlbertL

AlbertL Agent

Rob, I know it is Sherman-Williams paint but I can't recall the color. Greenish-khaki something is the best I can describe it. Basically someone showed me a gadzillion shades and I said "yeah, that looks cool." I'll check the paint and let you know!