Combining Digital Coax

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Ryan Schasteen, Jan 14, 2002.

1. Ryan Schasteen

Ryan Schasteen Auditioning

Jan 7, 2002
    Hello! So far all may questions have been answered by searching through the archives. This'll be my first post here.

I've got a Denon 3300 with one digital coax input and two sources with digital coax out. Can I "combine" these with a splitter? I'd not use them at the same time, obviously. Would the Rshack "gold series" be quality enough? Thanks.

2. Phil A

Phil A Producer

Oct 1, 2000
    Radio Shack makes the following:

"Remote Control A-B Switch

$39.99 Reg. Price Brand: RadioShack

Cat.#: 15-1968 Model: 15-1968

(Pricing and Availability may vary outside the contiguous 48 United States.)

Where to Buy

On-line Yes

In Stores Yes

1-800-THE-SHACK Yes

Switches VHF/UHF-TV signals. No need to get up-–switch between two sources such as VCR and a video game with the included remote or your universal remote. Two 75W inputs, 1 output. Remote requires 2 "AA" batteries."

You will have 'F' connectors in and out so all you need are either digital 75-ohm cable with RCAs at the audio equipment hook-up and 'F' connectors at the above piece or 'F' to RCA adapters that you can get at Radio Shack. Since it uses a remote, you can teach the function to a universal remote that you may now use on your system