combining di-poles and directs in back for 7.1

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by kurtZoom, Feb 9, 2005.

1. kurtZoom

kurtZoom Stunt Coordinator

I currently own a set of NHT HDP-1 dipole speakers that I would like to use. I am in the process of planning a basement finish project so I have some flexibility for the rear channels. I am considering some in-ceiling speakers from NHT for the rear centers. Will this be a good or bad combo?

I am planning to use a Denon 3805 or similar to power the system.

2. ScottHH

ScottHH Stunt Coordinator

kurt,

I use HDP-1's as my side surrounds and Super Ones has my rear surrounds. (I have VT 1.2's and a VS 1.2 up front). I am happy with the HDP-1's for side duty. There really isn't that much coming out of the 6th and 7th channels, so if the asthetics of in ceiling or in wall speakers is important to you, I don't see why you shouldn't go that way.

Dolby's set up recommendations

3. kurtZoom

kurtZoom Stunt Coordinator

thanks Scott
    I bought my original NHT set up in 1995. I am probably going to keep the 1.3a set in the great room for stereo listening and use some new SB-3s for my fronts downstairs. I will reuse my VT-1C in center duty and my SW2P for the sub. I've always been happy with the NHT stuff. The 1.3a's sound great even without a sub and they have great imaging. I don't care for the funky angled front but they work.