What's new

Combining Adire 281 kits with Dharmans - poor mans Wilson/Watt Puppys? (1 Viewer)

J

John Morris

What would a pair of Adire 281 speakers mated to the Dharman subwoofers sound like for 2 channel music? Could I simply use the High Level inputs and outputs of the Dharmans to do this? If it would sound good, should I simply mount the 281s to the top of the Dharmans?
Has anyone tried this???
------------------
Take Care,
merc
----------------
DFAST, 5C, DVI, HDCP, SafeAudio, Macrovision and Lewinski!!!

Kerry Hackney

Stunt Coordinator
John,
One possible issue for some is that you will end up with a stereo sub system... I personally don't think it is a terrible thing but many will not agree. Aside from those considerations, sealed 281s and Dharmans would be very good. (IMHO) If you combined a Behringer unit to tame any peaks in the bass response it could be even better. Dan now has some flexibility in the character of the 281s with his crossover tweaks for the tweaters. I don't find my 281s to be overly "bright" but that can be a matter of taste. It would definately be a strong $1000 bargain system.
I am very happy with my 281s... if you couldn't tell :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation155
Recent bookmarks