What's new

Combined Sticky Threads needed for Non R1 DVDs & Multi-regional Players (1 Viewer)

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
Moderators how about it? There seems to be a lot of duplication of these type of threads because of the lack of use of the "search function". A sticky for each subject would hopefully help those who are not inclined to search.

Matthew_V

Stunt Coordinator
It sounds like a great idea.
But may I mention something ? (and I hope it will be taken the right way and not as some attempt to torpedo your suggestion)

May i mention,
in fairness to and with regards to the amount of time
and hard work invested and also with regard to preventing time spent in duplicating that which is done,
before any work gets underway in this forum perhaps the
existing threads should be noted :

"16:9 & Dts DVD Exclusives Outside Of Region 1"

"DEFINITIVE List of DVDs EXCLUSIVELY available OUTSIDE the US-PartIII"

"Database of English-friendly French DVDs"

"The Definitive list of Italian Dvds (All Regions)"

"International listing of etailers, reviews, forums & resources for online shopping"

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
That's a great compilation indeed. I hesitate, to say the least, to really mix the related ones together, because it would make the end-result something of a mess.

BTW, Jeff, what do you mean by 'the lack of use of the search-function'?

Cees

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
BTW, Jeff, what do you mean by 'the lack of use of the search-function'
Unless I'm way off base here I don't think a lot of people are using to search function to see if there are prior threads about non-R1 DVDs & Multi-regional players. I see new threads about these topics all the time. That is the basis of my suggestion.

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
And at least half the time when I try it the search function is not available, so I don't try it as often as I might.

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Jeff,

I see. You were actually reprimanding people. :)

Mark,

That was in the past, when we were on the old server. The Search function was disabled during rush hours. But lately (at least during the last several months), it's supposed to work as normal as can be.

Cees

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Jeff and Jim,

The problem is, we cannot make it sticky all the time and what topics should we "stick" besides this one?

This is an excellent thread, and it will easily come up when searched for (multi-region, R1, modified, etc.).

Cees

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks