Combat Missions Rocks!!! (season finale)

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Scott L, Apr 18, 2002.

1. Scott L

Scott L Producer

Feb 29, 2000
    I'd watch this show on and off but the 2-hr season finale was simply great. This is the one and only "Survivor" type show I like. I didn't think I'd wanna watch the entire 2 hours but I couldn't get off the couch (hard I know [​IMG]). Those last missions between the Bravo
    team were better than many action flicks I watched. I love the camaraderie between the contestants even though they have different backgrounds and training. I used to work at a construction job and much of the carrying on that goes on during the show reminds of the job & even of college at times. Many of those guys should get paid to be comic relief.
    I really hope this show doesn't get canceled, where else can you see contestants of a show jump out of a moving helicopter into a body of water with 50+ lbs packs? If USA puts the first season out on DVD I'd snatch it up in a heartbeat. Any other fans of the show?
  2. Scott McGillivray

Scott McGillivray Supporting Actor

Sep 20, 1999
    Yhea I really like the look of this show. I only wish I had caught it before the 2nd last episode! It had some great charismatic guys that all seemed to have a lot of heart. Hopefully I can catch the re-runs.

Oh...was that "Survivors" Rudy in the one scene? I thought I saw him in uniform during one shot. I did not see it from the beginning, but Rudy was a former Navy Seal, so it would make sense.
  3. MikeAlletto

MikeAlletto Cinematographer

Mar 11, 2000
    Yeah Rudy is the base commander. This show is pretty cool. I wish they spent more time with the missions and less with the drama between the contestants. I never was able to remember when it was on though but i would catch the replay sunday nights.
  4. gregstaten

gregstaten Supporting Actor

Aug 1, 1997
    That's why Tivo totally rocks. I just told it to get Combat Missions and each week it faithfully recorded it.

I watched the show from the beginning and though it was really well done. Some of the missions were quite challenging and were very well shot. I gotta admit that Mark Burnett has this reality format down cold. He really knows how to shoot it and edit it for maximum effect.

From what I've read, the ratings were quite good and there's a good chance it'll be back for another season.