What's new

Comanche 4 for PC - Sweet! (1 Viewer)

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Just took a little time off and wanted to post how good this game is.
First of all, it's hard if you're not a stick and rudder man, which I'm not. But the visuals are beautiful, even on my Athlon 850 / GeForce 2 Pro machine. And it works great with my new MS Sidewinder Precision 2 stick that I got from Costco for $40.
Usually I get flustered if a game is too hard, but this game is so sweet looking and plays great, that I'm willing to keep plugging away at it. You do get better over time, it's just a matter of mapping out the buttons the way you like it.
I have a friend who is a mouse/keyboard guru and is getting good at this game, but I needed the stick to help me out - it lets you do the steering, shooting, strafing, throttle and altitude on the same device rather than on two.
:emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

Lary Larson

Stunt Coordinator
I'm glad to hear you're enjoying it - makes me feel better about ordering it a few days ago without first reading reviews.
Did you play the original Comanche? That was probably my most-played PC game the year it came out. Hopefully this iteration is as fun as the first one.
BTW, if anyone's interested, www.gogamer.com is having a grand opening sale. Click the "Grand Opening Madness" link on the right - you'll need to register to see the discounts. Comanche 4 is 30% off which makes it $26.53 before shipping.
Lary

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OttoIsHere
Recent bookmarks