What's new

Columbo S2 pkg + McCloud coming? (1 Viewer)

Jeff#

Screenwriter
I seem to recall Quincy was the last Mystery Movie series premiering in 1976, and it eventually it was shortened to 60 minutes after the NBC Mystery Movie ended in 1977. It continued to 1983. Meanwhile, Columbo was an occasional TV movie special during the 1977-78 season).

Yes, I remember the Amy Prentiss character when Jessica Walter first played her in a 2-part episode of Ironside which spun her off into her own series. Jessica will never top her memorable psycho killer girlfriend role from Clint Eastwood's film "Play Misty for Me".

Hec Ramsey ran a couple of years (1972-74) but I haven't been able to find it anywhere. Typing of Richard Boone, the only reason Have Gun, Will Travel reruns have aired on Hallmark Channel for several years (and also on DVD for a year now) is because it was a hit.

Dan McW

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dan

I have a couple of fuzzy copies of Hec Ramsey. That's an interesting take on a mystery series: setting it in the "old west" but at a time when modern-day methods of detection such as fingerprinting are just coming into use.

JackRE

Auditioning
Did any Columbo fans splurge on the R2 "complete" box set? Are they any better than the R1 DVDs?

Randy Gray

Stunt Coordinator

I hope no music is changed when they get to the Johnny Cash episode "Swan Song". He does a couple of numbers and towards the end he sings a snippet of "Sunday Morning Coming Down".

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OttoIsHere
Recent bookmarks