What's new

Columbia's New TV on DVD Poll - What Show Will You Pick? (1 Viewer)

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
Police Story for me. Always enjoyed the casting in terms of the actors and the variety. Television anthologies are tailor made for DVD due to their non-serial nature ( if subsequent seasons aren't released you aren't left with a dangling narrative arc. )

- Walter.

Ray_Gootz

Stunt Coordinator
Deb-
Your not alone. I loved One Day at a time when I watched it when I was 3. I remember loving it. I voted for that too!

ChadZ

Grip
Get a Life all the way. I can see some of the shows listed having another shot at DVD in the future (it's only a matter of time for Diff'rent Strokes, Facts of Life, and Jeannie). But Get a Life is such an obscure show, I think this may be the last chance to have it done right.

Ben Phillips

Stunt Coordinator
It was hard to choose just one. From that list, the definite buys for me would be "Action," "Grosse Pointe," "The Naked Truth," and "Get a Life." Possible/probable buys would be "Diff'rent Strokes," "Facts of Life," "Ned and Stacey," and "Maude." (I'm not counting "Jeannie" because we already know it's coming.) In the end, I voted for "The Naked Truth" because I'm guessing it will get fewer votes than my other must-buys.

Daniel`D

Stunt Coordinator
For me it was also a toss up of The Naked Truth and Ned & Stacey but I chose The Naked Truth because I always loved watching the rereuns on USA, same thing with Ned & Stacey but I liked The Naked Truth a little bit more.

John Kilduff

Screenwriter
A vote for "The Facts Of Life" here. Had the choice been included, though, I would've picked "Square Pegs". Of course, I wasn't into TV-on-DVD at this time last year...at least not the way I am now.

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...

Lisa Whelchel was cute, what can I say?

Jeff Harris

Agent
I voted for Ned and Stacey, but I'd also love to see Action make it out too.

Does Paramount own the rights to Parker Lewis Can't Lose?

Jeff

Randy Gray

Stunt Coordinator
There's several on the list that I'd definately buy, but I'm gonna have to vote for "Hart To Hart" because I played the part of Jonathan Hart, Jr in the third episode.

- Randy

Mark To

Supporting Actor
voted for "Jeanie", but only because my top pick wasn't there this time. The biggest disappointment is that Sony removed my absolute favorite from their list (they had it in the previous poll):

Father Knows Best

This can't be a good sign, IMHO. That they didn't even have it listed as an option probably points to their complete disdain for releasing more black & white classics. I was very disappointed with their initial wave of releases after the first polling results, and now this new poll comes out minus my favorite show in their stable.

Gary "in general I've been very happy with this year's TV show releases (Fox, WB, Image, etc.) - but Sony hasn't been on the top of my list with their releases" OS

I agree with you. Where did it go? And where is Donna Reed? Burns and Allen? Dennis the Menace? Does that mean that black and white shows are being removed from consideration?

Rob Cooper

Stunt Coordinator
Wow, it was tough to choose. There were a few I'd like. The top two were Action and Grosse Pointe.

I went with Grosse Pointe. I missed a few early episodes and would really like to see them. I thought it was a hilarious show.

Scott Hamilton

Stunt Coordinator
It was a toss up for me, Fantasy Island or Diff'rent Strokes...

I picked Fantasy Island more for all the guest stars that showed up on it and great story lines. Who can ever forget the Jack the Ripper one or the Voodoo one.

But I am happy to see both have seem to have gotten many votes.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks