What's new

Columbia-Tristar, Space Hunter in 3D please (1 Viewer)

Bill Crosthwait

Second Unit
Columbia Tristar, please give us a choice of watching Spacehunter in its 3-D glory. For example, look at New Lines Nightmare on Elm Street 6: Freddy's Dead. New Line included an option to watch the DVD in 3-D and 2-D. Please give us the same option to watch this classic sci-fi gem in 3-D. Also please add the discrete 4.1 channel to the DVD. If this is done, you will probably have a big seller. Thanks
------------------
Bill
My DVD Collection
[email protected]
My DVD, Home Theater page

Chad R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chad Rouch
Absolutely. I will only buy this title if an option of 3D is included.

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
Wow, I was going to start a thread on this and there already is one!
Anyways, the field-sequential 3-D system has been largely ignored here in the U.S. but is the best way to achieve 3-D on video. I have several video tapes put out by 3-D TV Corporation (I think they're still in business but under a different name) which are great aside from the fact they're VHS; they were only able to put out the smaller 3-D titles, ones from the larger studios were available in Japan though using the same type of system on the defunct VHD videodisc format (a 3rd videodisc format that never appared in the US.)
Let's face it: "Spacehunter" is an awful movie; 3-D was one of its few redeeming qualities. There really seems to be no point in putting this out on DVD unless it's in the 3-D format that it was made to be seen in.

GregK

Screenwriter
Hmmmm.... I wonder if Columbia will include a slate
at the beginning of the film on how this film was
"modified to fit a flat screen"??
angry.gif
I'll also pass
until Columbia uses the DVD format correctly and
provides this film in it's original 3-D form.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I would prefer to buy this one in 3-D as well! OAR is more than widescreen...it's about watching the film the way it was originally presented in theatres!
------------------
DAVE/Memphis
Widescreen is Family Fun!
FamilyWidescreen_ws.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks