What's new

Columbia-Tristar Please Revisit these Titles! (1 Viewer)

Ed Vandeweerd

Stunt Coordinator
Hi,

Columbia Tristar if you are going to re-visit your back catalogue for Special Editions or Superbit titles here are my suggestions:

1. The Devil's Own - a great Film definately a Sound movie worthy of Superbit Consideration

2. Single White Female - a Good Thriller with Stellar performances by Jennifer Jason Leigh and Bridget Fonda - at very least worthy of Special Edition consideration perhaps with a commentary? behind the scenes featurette etc.

3. "Blue Thunder" Superbit would be GREAT especially with one of the best helecopter chases ever captured on film.

Anybody else have some ideas of what to add to the list?

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
Annie: An SE with correct framing, 5.1 remix of the 70mm six-track sound, anything else you can find.

Oliver: Special edition, 35th anniversary is next year

Chris M

Second Unit
I'll second The Karate Kid! I've been waiting for this to be re-released for a long time, I will NOT buy Pan & Scan!

Chris.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
All of their non-OAR titles, starting with old ones like Karate Kid, going through to the recent Three Worlds of Gulliver, and continuing with future ones like Perfect.
:angry:

Will K

Screenwriter
SE's of:
Tootsie
Fright Night
Candyman
Christine
Roxanne
By the way, I don't buy pan-and-scan either.

Donald W

Stunt Coordinator
Bram Stokers Dracula...they said almost 2 years ago that they were going to SE this film and they havn't...I know they have a great standing with Criterion to get what they had from their laserdisc SE version and just port it over for a nice SE *most of the Monty Python and the Holy Grail SE DVD was from the Criterion laser*

also Candyman SE would be nice to have

Jason Hughes

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason Hughes
An SE of The People Vs. Larry Flynt.

Actually, I'm surprised this hasn't been done yet, or at least announced, given the upcoming SE's of Amadeus and One Flew Over the Cukoo's Nest.

Greg_M

Screenwriter
Yeah, how about fixing "Annie" as a special Edition with all the cuts the film received before it was reshot? Many songs were cut which would be reason enough to buy the DVD

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks