What's new

Columbia/Tristar - no response to petition (1 Viewer)

Rain

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rain
I thought I would post to let you all know that I have received absolutely NO response from Columbia/Tristar in regards to the OAR petition.

About a month and a half ago I sent them a long letter, accompanied by a hard copy of the petition, bearing about 3100 names at that point. I provided them with my address, phone number and email and specifically requested feedback.

Now, since this is my first time doing any such thing, I'm not sure if it usually takes longer for a response, but I have to say, I'm not very optimistic.

It's a shame, really.

I thought I should let you all know how it turned out.

Dan Hitchman

Senior HTF Member
They got a lot of flack for not letting Robert Harris supervise the HD transfer and DVD production of Lawrence of Arabia (which, in its present form, is not the best it could have been) and they pretty much said FU to the fans. Pretty much the same thing with Monty Python and the Holy Grail problems.

Sony is very, very difficult to deal with it seems.

Dan

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
I have to wonder what the hell is going on with this company, it looks like they've had a change in management recently. There is no excuse for these recent releases including only a pan and scan version, when they used to be so good about including both formats whenever possible.
Although not quite as bad, I'm still blown away how they've been redoing many of their covers. While the cover doesn't ruin the movie and I know all about how things should appear in the stores to get people to buy them, this is just plain silly. While I didn't really have any desire to buy "Flatliners", I've decided if I ever find the older cover for a decent price I'll buy it just because of that!

Dalton

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dalton
Thanks for the update Rain. This is sad news indeed:frowning: Seems the almighty dollar is the only thing some of the studios care about these days.:thumbsdown:

Heinz W

Second Unit
Disappointing. Give them a little more time, then write once more if necessary and if you STILL get no response THEN declare their utter indifference!!
Still kinda :frowning: though!

Rob Tomlin

Senior HTF Member
They got a lot of flack for not letting Robert Harris supervise the HD transfer and DVD production of Lawrence of Arabia (which, in its present form, is not the best it could have been) and they pretty much said FU to the fans.
Yep, I completely agree. The transfer on LOA definitely could have been better.
I can't really say that I am surprised that Columbia Tri-Star has not responded to the petition. They are definitely not known for being the most responsive of the studios! :thumbsdown:

Jay E

Senior HTF Member
That's pretty disappointing Rain. I hope all the work you've done did not go in vain.

I'm also a little upset that they came to the forum asking for our suggestions on titles, but they don't want to have any contact with us when it comes to OAR. It seems that they only want to hear from us when it suits them.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks