What's new

Columbia Tristar contacts? (1 Viewer)

ChrisBEA

Screenwriter
I just discovered something that has made me unhappy.
Some months ago I picked up a copy of Johnny Mnemonic, reading on the back that it had both full and wide versions. Now I go to watch it and discover that it is only pan and scan :angry:
Any idea if contacting CTHV will do me any good?
And does anyone at least know if it is open matte? I think it is....

Thanks

Randy A Salas

Screenwriter
It should be a two-sided disc with P&S on one side and widescreen on the other. Does your copy not have two playing sides?

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
Yeesh, that's bad.

But don't bother contacting them. Look at the threads for the P&S fiascoes of "Annie" and "Matilda," and you'll find they just don't care.

Fredric

Stunt Coordinator
Here's one that bothers me to no end: Year of the Gun is actually ADVERTIZED on the back as being in a 1.66:1 ratio. Nope: full screen!

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
You need to report stuff like this to the Better Business Bureau. I'm surprised no one has suggested them.

Joshua Clinard

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joshua Clinard
CT has been providing Wal*Mart with a lot of titles with the Widescreen version removed. You can probably find a widescreen version at a retailer like Best Buy, or on the internet. You might be able to return your Wal*Mart copy to the Best buy in exchange for the Widescreen copy. I don't think they changed the SKU, so it should work.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
It's not just a Wal*Mart thing. CTHE is just dropping the WS side from many of their Dual format discs, period.

If there are any CTHE catalog titles you were thinking about picking up that are dual version flippers, I'd say do it now.

It may be idealistic, but how about a class action lawsuit against CTHE/Sony? Now that DVD has brought a precident for OAR, it wouldn't actually be a totally ridiculous complaint. You could even tie in the 16:9 televisions that Sony sells, but their catalog discs are 4:3 only. Play up the "we're being duped" angle. Hell, just the idea of bad publicity could get them to stop all the MAR nonsense.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks