1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Columbia: Night of the Living Dead '90 uncut!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Christina_DQ, Sep 22, 2001.

1. Christina_DQ

Christina_DQ Stunt Coordinator

I & plenty of others would love to see the original uncut vesion released on dvd.
    This was a decent & better than usual remake. Tom Savini did a great job of directing it,yet some of his always impressive FX where censored because of the MPAA-which seems to happen with all his movies.
    I would like for it to finnaly see the light of day in either
    A-a bare bones edition with good picture & sound + the trailer & a reasonable price
    B-a S.E. that includes both the R rated cut as well as the Unrated version along with the same extra's on the previous dvd.
    Please make this happen,it would make a great release.......so please give it some thought!

2. Wes Ray

Wes Ray Supporting Actor

I have never seen this, but would definitely pick it up if Columbia released it. I've wanted to track this one down for some time now. I hope they release it uncut on DVD.
    ------------------
    Horror AND non-horror fans unite!
    [​IMG]

3. Christina_DQ

Christina_DQ Stunt Coordinator

btw-some of the uncut footage is shown in the documentary on the current dvd!
    They mention the trouble with the MPAA & also Savini claims he doesn't mind since it leaves more to the imagination & is more frightening-though i'd still like to see it uncut!

4. Ricky f

Ricky f Supporting Actor

This movie definately needs to be UNCUT on DVD.
    Christina I admire you for being a horror fan like me and Wes, We are Gorehounds too. Well for FRIDAY THE 13TH PART 7 anyway.
    Regards,
    Ricky
    ------------------
    [​IMG]
    www.petitiononline.com/UncutDVD
    Thank you WILL K for the banner

5. Will K

Will K Screenwriter

If I recall correctly, Tom Savini talked about this at last year's Fangoria convention in Orlando. I believe he offered to recut the film for DVD and Columbia flat out said no. Bummer...but maybe some day.
    ------------------
    My Scary DVD Collection

6. Ken_Jones

Ken_Jones Stunt Coordinator

Count me in for this!

7. Brett Hancock

Brett Hancock Supporting Actor

8. Inspector Hammer!

Inspector Hammer! Executive Producer

John Williamson
    I love this version! I have the current dvd and it's one of my favorites! I really don't know why this remake was recieved so poorly, it's extremly creepy, VERY atmospheric, especially when the sun goes down, and the performances are first rate, particularly Tony Todd and Tom Towels, he really hams it up as Mr. Cooper and I love it! I really wish I were in Pittsburge when they were filming, I would have made an awesome zombie, but oh well. Uncut, absolutly!
    ------------------
    God bless the USA and the men and woman of our military and their families!