Columbia: Lawrence of Arabia: Superbit Edition?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Patrick McCart, May 7, 2002.

1. Patrick McCart

Patrick McCart Lead Actor

Patrick McCart
    Ever since the pretty good 2-disc SE came out of Lawrence of Arabia, many know that the transfer isn't 100% of what it should be.

How about a 2-disc Superbit edition with a new video transfer supervised by Robert Harris, DTS and Dolby Digital 5.1 tracks ONLY, and the 65mm trailer?

I spent nearly 30 dollars on the existing disc, and I'd actually have no problem buying a Superbit edition with the image corrected to its full potential. Anyone else here that would buy a Superbit LoA with a corrected transfer?

2. ScottR

ScottR Cinematographer

Me...I refuse to buy the current edition, even though I love this film. I would buy a Superbit supervised by Robert A. Harris, with image and sound corrected.

3. rutger_s

rutger_s Supporting Actor

2-Disc Superbit?

Try three disc Superbit Deluxe with the proper video transfer. Why lose the excellent bonus features when Superbit Deluxe allows them to be included.

4. Rain

Rain Producer

Yup, I'd buy it in a hearbeat.

I have not purchased the current version, nor will I purchase any future version that does not have Robert Harris' stamp of approval.

And what perfect timing for it...this year is the 40th anniversary of the film.