What's new

Columbia House tv club or "How I opened a tv guide & got depressed.".... (1 Viewer)

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I was reading through my tv guide and came across Columbia House's tv classic video club. You know the one with all the different tv shows. I used to have about 8 different tv show memberships. But, after I got into dvd I cancelled them all. I was looking at some of the new selections they have available and I was very bummed. Some of the new selections are Airwolf, Equalizer, SWAT, Batman Animated. Just to name a few. Then I look at the dvd section. And with the exception of "I Love Lucy" they were all dvd's I can pick up at the store. You can't tell me that most people who would buy every tv episode on vhs, would not rather have them on dvd. I am not saying everyone, but most. I mean if someone is going to spend $20 plus shipping for 2 episodes on a tape they got to have a dvd player.
I don't mean to rant. It just kills me to see all these shows available, but not on the format of the future. Hopefully, I Love Lucy is a test and if it sells well Columbia House will start releasing other shows. If anyone from a studio, Columbia House or a member in the know who might know something. Please let me know.
End Rant.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I want some of the shows they control, such as the A-Team and Airwolf, but I'd rather see Universal do them and do them right (which means season boxes). I think if Columbia House put them out, they'd do them with only one or two episodes per DVD. That's not only expensive, but a real shelf space killer.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks