What's new

Columbia House Promotes Widescreen Version of The Mummy Returns! (1 Viewer)

Rob Tomlin

Senior HTF Member
I received my Columbia House DVD Club flyer today. The "Director Selection" for the month is The Mummy Returns.
At the bottom of the flyer, it gave the price and item number in fairly big letters. Under this, in smaller print, it said "Also Available in a Pan and Scan Version".
I assume that if they send this DVD to me automatically, they would send the Widescreen version. I don't really care too much for Columbia House (haven't got around to cancelling after meeting my commitment) but they deserve some credit for promoting the widescreen version over the pan and scan version. Netflix, on the other hand, ONLY carries the pan and scan version of The Mummy Returns!

cafink

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl Fink
Yay!
icon14.gif

Ian_H

Supporting Actor
It seems that everyone promotes the widescreen version. Universal's ad shows the widescreen cover. Blockbuster's rental ad is letterboxed, yet they only have only the P & S. I work at Borders and we have a poster up with the widescreen artwork yet we got ZERO widescreens in. With none expected to ever come in. It's a shame I have to shop at the competition instead of my own store.
--Ian

Users who are viewing this thread