Columbia House does DVD-Audio

Discussion in 'Music' started by Paul.S, Jun 27, 2002.

1. Paul.S

Paul.S Producer

Paul
    Unless its ownership has changed recently, Columbia House is co-owned by Sony and AOL-Time Warner. So I've been wondering for a while which high rez format the music club would eventually stock, if either. Looks like they've at least started with DVD-Audio:
    http://www.columbiahouse.com/cl1/ch/...&pin=52&bak=42
    Looks like its only Warner titles (surprise, surprise). Do these $17.99-$18.99 prices fully reflect the recent Warner DVD-A price drop?
    Cheers,
    Paul

2. John Kotches

John Kotches Cinematographer

3. Ryan Spaight

Ryan Spaight Supporting Actor

4. Paul.S

Paul.S Producer

Paul
    John et al.:
    Thanks for the tip, but your link isn't working either. I think mine worked for me originally because I linked directly to the DVD-A pages at the site from CoHo e-mail. When I tested it to see if it would work if I just had the URL, it was successful but apparently only because I was signed in to the site. So . . .
    If you wanna peep CoHo's DVD-A titles (and are a Club member), go to the general CoHo home page (http://www.columbiahouse.com), sign in, go to the "Music Club" home page, scroll down a bit and look along the left-hand side of the screen. There is a link to "DVD-Audio."
    Sorry for no direct linkage, but we're dealing with CoHo here. If someone else figures out a way to directly link to the titles without signing in, by all means post.
    Paul

5. Paul_Medenwaldt

Paul_Medenwaldt Supporting Actor

I've just purchased a DVD audio disc from Columbia House. Its a Foreigner's self titled disc.

I then went over to Digital Eyes. They seemed to have the best prices on DVD-A, and then purchased Steely Dan's Two Against Nature.

These are my first purchases of DVD-A and looking forward to checking them out.

The only thing that sucks about the Columbia House deal is that they don't count toward enrollment plan.

Paul

6. Philip Hamm

Philip Hamm Lead Actor

You're in for a treat. That Steely Dan disc is really fantastic.

NP: John Entwistle: A selection of solo album tracks I made on MD.

7. Bobby T

Bobby T Supporting Actor

Off topic a little. Is Digital Eyes a reliable place to order from?

8. Greg_Y

Greg_Y Screenwriter

9. Micahel C

Micahel C Stunt Coordinator

Bobby, I too have ordered from them many times. (Just placed an order with them earlier today). I opened an account there shortly after they opened their website. I mainly purchase dvd movies from them, but occassionally order dvd-a's as well. I've never had anything but good experiences with them. In addition I also purchase both dvd movies and dvd-a's regularly with DVD Planet, DVD Empire and Amazon.com (I'm a comparison shopper). All are very reputable and all have provided excellent service both before and after the sale.

10. Bobby T

Bobby T Supporting Actor

Thanks. One bad experience internet shopping has made me overly cautious. looks like I found a new place to order DVDA and SACD. They appear have a good selection.

11. Paul.S

Paul.S Producer

Paul
    Bump.
    Has anyone bought DVD-A from CoHo recently? Looks like the Club abandoned stocking DVD-A in favor of DualDisc. All of the DVD-A titles in a four-page flyer I still have in my file (received admittedly quite some time ago--over 2 years probably) are all no longer listed at the site after randomly searching for many by both selection number and album title.
    I was trying to cash in my Bonus Points prior to the shuttering of the Club September 1 given its
    acquisition by BMG.
    -p

12. Paul.S

Paul.S Producer

Paul
    After a few more calls, I can confirm that indeed they've stopped stocking 'em.

-p