What's new

Columbia House does DVD-Audio (1 Viewer)

Paul.S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul
Unless its ownership has changed recently, Columbia House is co-owned by Sony and AOL-Time Warner. So I've been wondering for a while which high rez format the music club would eventually stock, if either. Looks like they've at least started with DVD-Audio:
http://www.columbiahouse.com/cl1/ch/...&pin=52&bak=42
Looks like its only Warner titles (surprise, surprise). Do these $17.99-$18.99 prices fully reflect the recent Warner DVD-A price drop?
Cheers,
Paul

Paul.S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul
John et al.:
Thanks for the tip, but your link isn't working either. I think mine worked for me originally because I linked directly to the DVD-A pages at the site from CoHo e-mail. When I tested it to see if it would work if I just had the URL, it was successful but apparently only because I was signed in to the site. So . . .
If you wanna peep CoHo's DVD-A titles (and are a Club member), go to the general CoHo home page (http://www.columbiahouse.com), sign in, go to the "Music Club" home page, scroll down a bit and look along the left-hand side of the screen. There is a link to "DVD-Audio."
Sorry for no direct linkage, but we're dealing with CoHo here. If someone else figures out a way to directly link to the titles without signing in, by all means post.
Paul

Paul_Medenwaldt

Supporting Actor
I've just purchased a DVD audio disc from Columbia House. Its a Foreigner's self titled disc.

I then went over to Digital Eyes. They seemed to have the best prices on DVD-A, and then purchased Steely Dan's Two Against Nature.

These are my first purchases of DVD-A and looking forward to checking them out.

The only thing that sucks about the Columbia House deal is that they don't count toward enrollment plan.

Paul

Philip Hamm

Senior HTF Member
You're in for a treat. That Steely Dan disc is really fantastic.

NP: John Entwistle: A selection of solo album tracks I made on MD.

Micahel C

Stunt Coordinator
Bobby, I too have ordered from them many times. (Just placed an order with them earlier today). I opened an account there shortly after they opened their website. I mainly purchase dvd movies from them, but occassionally order dvd-a's as well. I've never had anything but good experiences with them. In addition I also purchase both dvd movies and dvd-a's regularly with DVD Planet, DVD Empire and Amazon.com (I'm a comparison shopper). All are very reputable and all have provided excellent service both before and after the sale.

Bobby T

Supporting Actor
Thanks. One bad experience internet shopping has made me overly cautious. looks like I found a new place to order DVDA and SACD. They appear have a good selection.

Paul.S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul
Bump.
Has anyone bought DVD-A from CoHo recently? Looks like the Club abandoned stocking DVD-A in favor of DualDisc. All of the DVD-A titles in a four-page flyer I still have in my file (received admittedly quite some time ago--over 2 years probably) are all no longer listed at the site after randomly searching for many by both selection number and album title.
I was trying to cash in my Bonus Points prior to the shuttering of the Club September 1 given its
acquisition by BMG.
-p

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks