Columbia Full Contact release Defective?

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Matthew Brown, May 16, 2003.

1. Matthew Brown

Matthew Brown Supporting Actor

I am very happy I didn't preorder this one. I have heard people complaining that the soundtrack with the original Cantonese has different music queues and reverts to English a couple of times. Can anybody confirm this? The odd thing is that the English track does have the original music queues.

I am going to wait for the Mei Ah remaster which will be anamorphic and should be out on the 23rd.

This is very disappointing because I really like Columbia's ONCE A THEIF release.

Matt

2. Ian_H

Ian_H Supporting Actor

Bummer. It sounds like what happened with Drunken Master. That stinks! Oh well I was happy with Once a Thief as well. Good thing I kept my old Mei Ah disc. I will have to get the new remaster as well.

Matthew, who do you use for HK imports?

--Ian

3. Matthew Brown

Matthew Brown Supporting Actor

Ian -
    I use hkflix.com but have also had very good experiences with dddhouse.com, hivizone.com, and pokerindustries.com.

Matt

4. Karl F

Karl F Stunt Coordinator

According to this review from DVD Talk:

"The switch to English dialog in the Cantonese version in chapter 20 is intentional."

They also have something to say about the differing music cues.

I picked this disc up, but haven't looked at it yet. I saw it on VHS some years ago, and don't remember details.

--K