What's new

Columbia: Close Encounter's...Ultimate Set! (1 Viewer)

Raymond Johnson

Stunt Coordinator
Since studio's have a tendancy to re-release various movies over again.

Why not release a true SE of Close Encounter's of the Third kind & include all versions of the film?

I happen to not like the 1980 SE & have yet to see the whole thing of the 'new' director's cut of the film since i still prefer the original 1977 version over the other two.

Which sadly is fading from my memory since(can hardly remember the Carl Weather's scene,complete rolling of the globe & various there great scenes,some small,some big..but all altered or deleted altogether in the current versions) it is never shown on tv anymore(only the 1980 SE,new cut & hybrid of all three are aired now) & i would LOVE to see the film in it's OAR...but original version only please!

+ because of lack of OAR(it looks horrible in P&S) & only the 'new' cut avalible. I have'nt seen the movie in a few years!

A dvd set with all 3 'original' versions would truly be special.

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
The reason why only the director's cut (1998) is on the DVD is because Speilberg really doesn't care for the 1977 and 1980 cuts anymore.

I would like to see a DVD with all 3 versions intercut via seamless branching, but if the 1998 version is the only one intended to be seen now, that's fine with me.

The current DVD's video/audio is top-notch, IMO. (Despite a few rough spots due to dupes having to be used for the restoration.)

LukeB

Senior HTF Member
I thought the video on the DVD release was pretty disappointing, and I would like to see the alternate cuts, but I doubt we'll see a re-release and even if there was one, I don't know if I would upgrade.

Scott D S

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Scott Saslow
I'd like a re-release so we can get the extensive still gallery that was not ported over from the laserdisc.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks