Columbia Classics Collection (4k UHD) at $100

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
71Kqe9tbXFL._SL1500_.jpg

While this is great news, why do I get the feeling holding out may get you this set for $80 or less?

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases

WIDGET BELOW MAY NOT REFLECT SALE PRICE

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Tough call. Amazon seems to be the only place this set is being sold at. It seemed to sell out shortly after it was released. Who knows how many sets they got when they started selling it again. So it may sell out at Amazon or not and be available during the holiday season for $80 or less. It like a game of chicken.
Are you willing to miss out on this set to wait for a better price. The films will be released individually eventually though that has not been announced yet.

dawnshadow

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Dawn

KeithDA

Second Unit
Real Name
Keith
Effectively still sold out here in the UK. Amazon are offering a set imported from the Netherlands for £149.99.
No expectation of getting one cheaper than the original £119.99 selling price...

The films will be released individually eventually though that has not been announced yet.
Bring it on!

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Down to 5 to 8 at Amazon. Unlike most items there is not a "More On The Way" memo on the order page.

And its available again with a two day wait for shipping. What the hey.

Last edited:

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Now in stock on October 8th. $94.25. Link below currently shows incorrect price.
This is a crazy release with going in and out of stock.

Amazon product

harync

Auditioning
Real Name
Harrison
Any idea if the second wave of Columbia Classics has a corrected bonus disk for "Lawrence of Arabia" or does one still need to get it by mail?

• Insightful
Reactions: PMF

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
It's back though who knows for how long.

The Columbia Classics 4K set is back in stock on October 19. Current price is $95.08.

This keeps going in and out of stock. If anyone is still interested, keep checking.

Reactions: PMF

PMF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
Amazon has started taking orders again at $94.27. In stock October 17.
Wow! That’s a steal!!

Grab it, folks. Just the 4K/UHD of “Gandhi” and “Lawrence of Arabia” is worth the 100 bucks, alone; but the boxed set as a whole is also a very satisfying and wonderful capture.

Can’t wait for Volume 2.:thumbs-up-smiley:

Last edited:

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Down to $94.29 .

C'mon $80.

I am just sitting here waiting to see how low this baby can go.

I am more interested in individual releases, but hey, if this drops to $50-$60 I'll bite. Not that I expect that to really happen.

harync

Auditioning
Real Name
Harrison
I bought at $94.27. My set has the corrected Lawrence of Arabia bonus features disc. Beautiful package. I think this can come down to $79.99 for Black Friday or Cyber Monday, but will probably stay around $85-90. My gut tells me Sony will keep Lawrence of Arabia exclusive to this set for a while.

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dshow