What's new

Press Release Columbia Classics 4k Collection (photos) (1 Viewer)

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
At $112, it is in the B2G1 sale at Target this week. There is nothing else that expensive to balance it out with, though.

Are there 2 other people on the forum that would go in with you on a group purchase?
Of course it work work best to find someone in a no sales tax state with a Redcard to be the point man and the 3 of you could split all costs included with the secondary shipping.

Angelo Colombus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Angelo Colombus
I am tempted to get the Columbia 4k box set, Criterion's Three Fantastic Journey's By Karel Zeman and Ken Burns's Country Music for the Target buy 2 get one free offer. But never seen Jerry Maguire and A League of Their Own is a good film but not something I would have in my collection.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Target has this 4K release as well as some other 4K titles on sale for 15% off plus your normal Redcard discount. My final sale price was $96.71 with Tax included.

Reactions: PMF

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
“We are honored that Sony chose to include Jerry Maguire as part of their new limited edition Columbia Classics 4K Ultra HD Collection Vol 1. which will be released on June 8th. Cameron recently approved the brand spanking new 4K transfer and it looks really beautiful. We are also very pleased that Cameron’s appearance on Alec Baldwin’s Here’s The Thing podcast will be part of the extras. Check out the trailer below.”

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
I am now in a “whichever comes first” mode. If money permits, I will get the boxed set. If money doesn’t permit and the stand-alone of my desired 4 titles becomes available, then it is there that I shall go. Either way, I will be supporting the Sony/Columbia efforts towards restoration, preservation and their progressive expansions of the 4K/UHD format.

Clearly, it’s “Lawrence of Arabia” that’s been the most anticipated and is the crown jewel of this offering. And all the better, as LoA shall be divided unto two discs to maximize its visual presentation. Can’t wait.

My thanks goes out to Sony/Columbia for their continued excellence.

Last edited:

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Hmmmm.

I'm not seeing that.

I added it to my cart and when I went to check out, the price remained the same and it added $8.71 for shipping bringing the total to $117.58 before "Placing the Order."

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Hmmmm.

I'm not seeing that.

I added it to my cart and when I went to check out, the price remained the same and it added $8.71 for shipping bringing the total to $117.58 before "Placing the Order."
@Mike Frezon

Evidently they pulled that discount as it's not showing it any longer. I don't see the discount when you go to that pre-order's page so it's done. I bet you they got swamped and pulled it early. Typical Amazon move.:thumbsdown:

Last edited:

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Man, I'm glad I didn't cancel my Target order! I compared the two offers about three hours ago and my Target order was still cheaper at $91.24 than the $96 in my Amazon cart so I passed on Amazon.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Bummer. Thanks for looking, Robert.

I guess in this case I am "he who hesitated," :(
Yeah, I had a feeling this offer wasn't going to last so I immediately checked it out and compared it to my Target order. If it was cheaper I might have placed my order and cancelled Target. Looking back now, I'm glad that didn't happened.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks