What's new

Colour Flicks on Elite (1 Viewer)

Georg_K

Auditioning
I don't know if this is normal or not, but sometimes I see little flickers of colour bands (like little rainbows) on the screen of my Elite. Usually shows up on black and white or adjacen to real white on dark (like credits or shirt collars), when my eyes blink or dart around the screen. Also, when the scene action moves quickly. Anyone else see this? Is it a "problem"? Can it be eliminated?

Thanks.

DanielSmi

Second Unit
what kindof input are you; using if it's composite or the f-pin (rg6) cable from you cable box then it's probably moire (spelling?). It's a problem with all comb filters where it separates the color signal from the b&w signal these are the results of a less than perfect filter. Don't feel bad because every TV has a less than perfect filter, I don't think there is a perfect filter. If you have the option use s-video instead. If you're already using s-video or component than I don't know what the problem might be. Hope this helps.

Daniel Smith

Georg_K

Auditioning
Thanks! I thought there was a technical term for it. Actually, I see it most on RF input from my digital cable box. I'll check it on S-video and component to see. I have been avoiding S-video, per my other post on this forum, due to the yellow blotches. They are worst on S-video, and rarely noticable on RF and composite.

Thanks again.

Georg_K

Auditioning
Actually, it sounds more like cross colour than moire, not that I am an expert! But, the description i read "Cross Color - Rainbow swirls amongst or swamping out pinstripes and other fine detail, caused by small amounts of luminance signal left behind in the signal going into the color circuits. This situation is the result of imperfect Y/C separation by the comb filter (or notch and bandpass filters in less expensive TV sets)." sounds exactly like it.

Now, what do I do about it????

I'm beginning to wonder about this so called "Elite" TV!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks