What's new

Colored Grill Cloth (1 Viewer)

Hello,

I am looking for some colored grill cloth in a light gray or silver. I know parts express carries gray grill cloth, but that is a little darker than I am looking for. I know, picky picky!! Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance
Dave

Chris Tsutsui

Screenwriter
Try a Local Fabrics store and look through their light weight fabrics like single knit polyester. Then check out their dyes and maybe dye your own white polyester fabrics to the color you want or maybe they'll have a color you like.

Or, "Guilford of Maine" of Interface Interior Fabrics makes a polyester speaker grill cloth and can be ordered online.

Hank Frankenberg

Senior HTF Member
Check out burlap - seriously, it's acoustically quite transparent and it comes in several colors. On that last point, I went to a crafts store (Hobby Lobby) looking for some burlap to cover acoustic absorption panels and was very surprised to find a dozen or so colors. It might be too "rough" looking for your taste, but it's an idea.

Chris Tsutsui

Screenwriter
If you go with burlap, keep it away from windows and sunlight, dust or anything that will discolor it and change it from white to yellow. It also kinda smells, but is one of the most acoustically transparent cloths available.

Wow Dave, thanks for the link! I was just about to get my hands dirty with some dye.

Thanks for all of the input guys!! This group is great.

Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks