What's new

Color Space Issues? (1 Viewer)

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
I have an Sony CRT RPTV (KP-57WS520).

I've tried three different upscaling DVD players....Sony 975, Sony 70, and Toshiba 592.

While upconverting to 1080i with the 975, I experienced severe green depression. The other two players produced severe red push, but no problems with green. No color issues with these players at 480p (with or without HDMI).

I've thought about trying another upconverting player again (maybe Pioneer 59 or 79AVi). However, is it likely I will enounter color issues again (color space issue)? Is my TV just not color compatiable with SD upconverting? Or, is it just the DVD players I've been using? In the meantime, I've just been sticking with my Panasonic XP-30 using component.

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
Chris Wiggles,

I clicked on your link.....read your color space writing...sounds like it's just the DVD players I'm using.

John S

Senior HTF Member
The mating of a given display with a DVD player is pretty much just a try it and see sort of thing.

I really try to suggest to people unless you are unhappy with whatever DVD performance you have right now, don't start down the slippery slope. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks