What's new

Color Pronto (1 Viewer)

Trevor Schell

Supporting Actor
Hi!,
Anybody have a Color version of the Pronto?
Is it worth the extra cost.
I need a second Pronto for the Bedroom but figured I may go with the color one instead and send the existing one up to the Bedroom.
Any comments and also were are they available to order.?
Thanks,
------------------
Trevor..
shellshock.gif

Link Removed Sonically Enhanced
*Outdated pictures due to recent upgrades!

Michael Lee

Supporting Actor
I have one, Trev. I have not been able to use it to its fullest yet. There are some quirks in the Editing Software that may have been solved by now. I know there is limited RF capability with the optional base but I am not sure to what extent it can do. There is such a coolness factor to it though. Color logos in high contrast is so easy to read---people love it when they see it.
------------------
Link Removed
My Home Theater Pics
My Equipment List
My DVD Collection
Link Removed

Jim Lenneman

Stunt Coordinator
Trevor,

The best prices I've seen on the color version are approximately $680 (US) from either Alpha2data an e-bay seller or rrdeals.com (I think). Prices for most Prontos are not advertised on web sites unless they are MSRP. If I was going to buy I'd take alpha2data. Go to ebay and find one of his auctions, then click on buy it now. You must register with e-bay, of course. This individual is a frequent contributer on remotecentral.com and buy all accounts offers great service. The price mentioned above does not include the optional RF extender module, but does include the charger base.

Having said the above, about the only thing the ProntoPro offers above a TSU2000 is color and more memory (which for most folks is not a problem with the 2000). The new Marantz version (the 9200) is due to be released in Jan. It offers color, more memory, plus more usable screen on which to stick buttons and a hard-button cursor. The cost, however, is about $1300 MSRP.

Jim L

Jim Lenneman

Stunt Coordinator
Brian,

Yep, couldn't agree more. What's worse is that Marantz is one of those "must buy from authorized dealer" types. Discounts are harder to come by.

In any event, I'm strongly considering buying one anyway. Disposable income is great, and you can't take it with you anyway. LOL

Jim L

Andrew Pratt

Senior HTF Member
Trevor unless you are going to get the colour pronto tweaked properly I wouldn't bother with it. Yes it is cool but IMO its not worth the extra money over the current model esp with the newer models coming out soon. The screen on the new colour pronto isn't that great compared to say some of the newer PDA's etc. Personally I'd rather see you get your existing remotes setup to suit your needs:)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks