Color ideas needed for lobby/hallway

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by Jack Ferry, Oct 24, 2005.

1. Jack Ferry

Jack Ferry Stunt Coordinator

Jack Ferry
    In building my basement HT, I added a new wall in the back, thereby creating a small hallway outside the theater. This means that when you come down the steps, there is a 5 foot wide hallway straight in front of you going back about 16 feet. The door for the theater is about three feet ahead on the left, and a door for a small bathroom is at the end of the hallway on the right. The new wall is (currently) just painted white drywall. All remaining walls are old paneling painted an icky light blue.

I have not finished this area, and it's time for me to get it done. But I need some ideas.

I'm 99% sure I want to paint a mural on the new wall of movie related scenes. (You know, the Hollywood sign, the WB water tower, a movie camera or two, a curved strip of movie film and whatever else I can come up with. I should note that I have absolutely no artistic ability, but I have some friends that can draw.)

I also want to put a popcorn machine with cart in the hallway.

My question (I know, about time): any ideas on colors or painting schemes? I keep thinking I want to use a lot of different colors, but can't come up with a plan on how to do this. Any ideas? Better yet, any links to good photos?

Thanks!

2. David Noll

David Noll Stunt Coordinator

3. Jack Ferry

Jack Ferry Stunt Coordinator

Jack Ferry
    Thanks David, that is exactly what I was looking for! And here I was thinking that a mural was such an original idea.

David, do you have any photos of the area next to the mural? I was thinking of doing some art deco designs on another wall, and (again) you've beaten me to it.

4. David Noll

David Noll Stunt Coordinator