1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

color convergance bleed even after calibration (Toshiba 65HDX82)

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by AndrewTheurer, Feb 8, 2003.

1. AndrewTheurer

AndrewTheurer Auditioning

Wondering if there are any remedies here: I have a Toshiba 65HDX82, 4 months old. I can never seem to get the color convergence correct. If I do the nine point convergence, I can get that test screen perfect. However, as soon as I go to a DVD or HD source on the right bottom side, the blue bleeds on the bottom. Let me give you an example; on Law & Order, dring the intro credits, the right half of the credits have a blue bleed on the bottom of the letters. This does ot happen on the left half of the credits.

Does anyone know what I can do about this? I have tried to "mis" calibrate the test screen, so that the "real" screen looks correct, but the 9 points are not enough. Is there a "hidden" 64 point convergence calibration? Is there something else that could be causing this? (cables?)

2. Michael TLV

Michael TLV THX Video Instructor/Calibrator

Michael Chen
    Greetings

Try out the service menu 56 point convergence system.

Access instructions are available at the Keohihdtv site.

If you have any questions ... come back here and ask away. We'll do what we can.

Once you learn the 56 pt system ... never use the 9 point again. Never!

Regards

3. AndrewTheurer

AndrewTheurer Auditioning

Thank you,this helped quite a bit.