What's new

Color Blind ! Help!!! (1 Viewer)

Paul_Saul

Stunt Coordinator
I recently had a chance to do a side by side comparison of an Optoma 755 and a Panasonic 711XU. To make it a far comparison I did a quick and dirty calibration with video essentials. The problem was that when the input to these projectors came from a computer (I had the V.E. DVD in the salesman's portable pc) the color and tint controls on both projectors were disabled!!! (note the cpu to projector connection was via a VGA cable).

We switched to a DVD player and an S-video connection to the projectors and the color and

tint controls were back.

I want to use an iScan Pro for my sole connection to the projector (480p). I have been in contact with someone who is using the iScan Pro with an Optoma projector.

They confirm that the color and tint controls

are disabled while doing this. I suspect that

many projectors (not just Optoma and Panasonic) behave this way. I realize that

the iScan Pro has a color control (but no

tint), so finally my question is...

How do you properly calibrate the color and hue/tint for projectors? Is the iScan's color control enough?

Please help....

Christian Dolan

Stunt Coordinator
Paul,

It’s common to have these adjustments disabled for RGB inputs. They intend for you to do all tweaking with the R, G, and B controls.

Besides, you don’t have tint issuses, since these only apply when you have modulated both R-y and B-y signals onto a common sub-carrier signal, as in composite and S video.

-Christian

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks