color adjusting

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by john smithson, Mar 19, 2003.

1. john smithson

john smithson Stunt Coordinator

i found when adjusting colors that getting the best yellow was hard on the color bars pattern.it was too green.trying for good reds and yellows is a simple way of doing aadjustments for colors.getting a good yellow without too much red push.basically turning the reds and blues up as much as possible,and having the balance between the cuts and drives in relation too each other.greens seem too ruin colors more tham any other color in my opinion.

my tip[​IMG]

2. Kevin P

Kevin P Screenwriter

Uh, you're adjusting cuts and drives to fix a color decoder issue? Tsk, tsk... all you'll accomplish is totally messing up your gray scale.See this thread

You need to set your gray scale to 6500K and then adjust the color decoder, which are separate adjustments in the service menus from the cuts and drives. What set do you have?

3. john smithson

john smithson Stunt Coordinator

i adjusted like above post.

my tv is gray,so i push the tv video,and it gives a blank screen,turn up brightness so i can see what tint it is,then adjust it till i get gray screen.its easy too do.it might not be perfect,but i learned as i was adjusting that its the relation between the cuts amd drives that counts.my tv does not have a green drive either......i thought i had adjusted it perfect after tonnes of hours EXCEPT the yellow was greeny.at least thats a little better...its probably got something else wrong but im happy for now...i think colors are kinda of a personal preference too.