College project

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by Shawn Solar, Sep 13, 2004.

1. Shawn Solar

Shawn Solar Supporting Actor

Well for extra credit I get to do a project on any technology for my EE program, specifically my future trends and technology course. I'm to do research on a product service or manufacturing techniques that techology has advanced. I have to write on past, present and future versions or processes and how they have changed over the years and how it works. I am going to choose woofer/subwoofer drivers/transducers.

Basically I want to talk about(also get to present it in front of the class) the different motor structures and advancements in that and suspensions of the woofers. I figure that the car stereo guys could learn something about what makes a subwoofer perform.

What I'm trying to do is get graphs, info pictures and get a little in depth about some of the new technology like XBL^2 and how it compares as well as how far driver technology will go. So if you have links personal experience please post it[​IMG] of course I will also be researching it on my own but there are definiately proffesionals here with far greatter experience that could probably teach my proffesors a thing or two

2. Shawn Solar

Shawn Solar Supporting Actor

just making point form and organizing data so far
    History of first real"speaker"
    gonna talk about early speakers
    jump forward to subwoofers
    overhung
    underhung
    xbl^2
    servodrive(uses belt right?)
    I want to show the different types of designs not what design is better. I may get into T/S and gonna write about sim programs and if I can find it, old design process vs new process or if anything has changed. so what do you think?