What's new

College football summer doldrums questionnaire (1 Viewer)

James L White

Supporting Actor
I saw this thread at another forum and Thought I'd start the same here.

Your school: The Hawgs

1. What is it that people from other schools say to bash your team/school that really boils your blood?
they're all criminals

2. What's the biggest misconception about your team/school that you'd like people to realize isn't the truth?
that the school is in the middle of Nowhere,puleeez it's in the middle of one of the fasted growing areas in the US.

3. If you had to be a fan of any other college football team in the country other than yours, who would it be?
Georgia

4. Favorite football player of all time from your team?
Quin Grovey-the guy just knew how to win

5. Least favorite of all time from your team, and why?
Orlando Green- terrible cornerback

6. Favorite football coach of all time from your team?
Ken Hatfield
Lou Holtz

7. Best memory/moment about your team?
1998 vs Alabama- they blamed their 42-7 loss that night on food poisoning(their fans did any way):lol:

8. Worst memory/moment about your team?
'98 @ Tennessee-don't ask me to talk about that game :frowning:

9. Biggest victory for your team in your eyes?
1965 Cotton Bowl- win over Nebraska gave us a share of the National Championship
1978 orange Bowl vs Oklahoma-given no chance but blew them out

10. Worst loss for your team in your eyes?
2002 Music City Bowl vs Minnesota- pitiful performance

11. If you could trade stadiums with any school but keep your fans, which would it be?
None-not the largest stadium but none are better,And how can you not like a stadium with the largest video screen at any sports venue in the world?

12. Team you'd most like to beat this year?
Texas-any time we play them

13. Team you'd most hate losing to this year?
Alabama- cocky POS fans

14. Hottest female celebrity?
no clue

[questions added by me]

15. Do you have season tix?

of course

16. When do you arive at the stadium?
about 7 am

17 Do you tailgate
yes

nolesrule

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Kauffman
Your school: Florida State

1. What is it that people from other schools say to bash your team/school that really boils your blood?
they're all criminals

2. What's the biggest misconception about your team/school that you'd like people to realize isn't the truth?
FSU has no more bad apples than any other school. It's just that the PD and local DA like to make names for themslelves.

3. If you had to be a fan of any other college football team in the country other than yours, who would it be?
South Florida

Derrick Brooks - helped lead FSU to the National Championship AND halped my Bucs win a Super Bowl, one of the greatest linebackers ever

Adrian MacPherson - he should no better than to bet on FSU to cover. Vegas makes the lines too high most of the time :)

Bobby Bowden (really a no-brainer)

1994 FSU-UF. UF was up 31-3 with about 11 minutes left in the game. Final score: 31-31. It was just as good as a victory for us and a loss for them.

Jan 1997 Sugar Bowl...a loss to UF I never want to remember.

1993 and 1999 wins at UF in the swamp. Both games led directly to FSU playing for the national title (they beat Nebraska and Virginia Tech). But defeating UF on the road both times was the bigger, more climactic game.

2001 blowout loss to UNC. It was a sign that the end of the dominance had come.

11. If you could trade stadiums with any school but keep your fans, which would it be?
None-Doak Campbell Stadium, the original Erector set, is the best place to watch college football, except when local PD are being ass holes.

Florida-any time we play them

Miami-seems they have our number again.

Jill Arrington - she went to Miami, unfortunately. I guess maybe Faye Dunnaway would count for her 1 year at FSU though.

of course

about 10 am

17 Do you tailgate
yes

Michael Warner

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
Your school: University of Michigan

I'm afraid nothing gets my goat.

3 yards and a cloud of dust went out with Bo. We really do pass the ball these days.

Penn State.

Tom Harmon.

James Whitley. I realize all big-time programs are steadily going south but still and all a team captain being arrested on a concealed weapons charge doesn't help matters.

Bo Schembechler (kind of a must).

Rose Bowl 1997. Sharing the national title with Nebraska's a drag but I'll still take it.

Kordell Stewart's last second Hail Mary pass in 1994.

Ohio State 1968. That win was the start of a new era for Michigan football.

Not a loss but the 1992 season that had us going 9-0-3 was a real let down. Sure we went undefeated but nobody likes ties.

None, the Big House is the place.

Notre Dame. When I was in school this was a bigger rivalry than Ohio State and I'm glad it's back on the schedule.

Ohio State.

Lucy Liu.

Yep.

Around 10AM.

17 Do you tailgate
Yes.

Steven K

Supporting Actor
Your school: Tennessee Volunteers

Over-rated

That we actually DO have the largest stadium in college football :D Sorry, Michingan...

Boston College, cause they're the hometown team for me now

Al Wilson

"butterfingers" Jay Graham... could NOT hold on to the ball if it was within either 20 yard line

Phillip Fulmer

1998 Collins Cooper shanking the field goal for Florida in OT giving us the win
or
'98 @ Tennessee-don't ask me to talk about that game
Thanks, Clint Stoerner :D

LSU, 2001, SEC Championship Game

1998 Fiesta Bowl - National Championship

Last year against Maryland

Absolutely none - Neyland stadium is the best!

As always... Florida

As always... Florida

Natalie Portman

Only once... Knoxville was at the other end of the state

early... very very early...

17 Do you tailgate
Yup

Jon_Welker

Second Unit
Hey James, I'll have to come back and do the questions for Mizzou, but I just wanted to chime in about your Hawgs. I spent about 4 months in Siloam Springs on a project, and stayed part of the time in Fayetteville, and I must admit taht I lliked the area a lot. I even got a chance to see the Hawg basketball team in action. It was one of the better places I've been to on projects, that's for sure. Take care.

John Thomas

Senior HTF Member
Steven already did mine. :D

Do you tailgate?
Tailgate? Man, we boatgate! You've never experienced "tailgating" until you've sailed up to the stadium in a yacht and attached to dozens of over boats. I've been to several other SEC stadiums and a few Big 10 (Michigan, Michigan State) but Neyland Stadium and the whole experience is the best, bar none.

Chris Farmer

Screenwriter
This is coming form a current student entering my senior year.

Your school: Texas A&M Aggies

Either tha twe're a bunch of country hicks or that we're a bunch of Nazis (based on the Corps)

2. What's the biggest misconception about your team/school that you'd like people to realize isn't the truth.

That we're not some little place in the middle of nowhere. We're the 5th biggest school in the country with 45,000 students.

Notre Dame, after A&M, they've got more tradition as a school then just about any other in the country. Plus I came within a decent scholarship of going there.

Right now I'd say Reggie McNeal. That boy is gonna be one hell of a QB.

Mark Farris, started out great, but overrated as hell, and had htis nasty tendency to throw interceptions or fumbles in crunch time.

No real fav. RC Slocum was good 10 years ago (although not brilliant), ubt even he's fallen apart recently. I'm holding hope for Franchione though.

Two: upsetting Kansas State in 1998 for hte Big XII Championship, and watching our freshman QB lead our team in torching the No 1 ranked Sooners last year.

8. Worst memory/moment about your team

1996 againt UT. 51-15, the same still burns.

Oklahoma last year. First time we'd ever beaten a number 1 ranked team while they were ranked no 1 in school history.

See above humiliatoin at the hands of the Longhorns.

None. You've never been to a football game until you've ben to Kyle Field. It's incredible.

Texas.

Texas. An yquestion?

Natalie Portman, although for a college football question this is quite random [shrug]

have a sports pass, which is like season tix, but I get to pick my seat individually for each game, so I cna sit with whoever I want.

16. When do you arrive at the stadium?

Depends on kickoff time.

17. Do you tailgate?

Not usually.

[edited after Jan's correction. oops]

Matt Stryker

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt
Your school: Georgia Tech

Not much really.

We do actually have girls.

NC State

Joe Hamilton

Don't really have one.

Bobby Dodd

1999 GT/UGA - Often known simply by "Fumble!" and by many Tech fans as "Jasper Thanks"

2002 GT/UGA - first time watching my team in HD. Beautiful picture, ugly defeat.

Definitely the national championship game in 1990; the UVA game the same year was pretty strong.

Pretty much the whole 1994 year. 1-10, only win was at Western Carolina.
11. If you could trade stadiums with any school but keep your fans, which would it be? Kenan in Chapel Hill is nice. I've never been there in person, but the Cotton Bowl looks amazing too.

Georgia, although Florida State is almost a tie

Florida State

Overall? Natalie Portman.

nope, never seem to be in town enough

depending on the game, usually around 2-3 hours before the game.

17 Do you tailgate
For away games only.

Jed M

Senior HTF Member
upsetting Kansas in 1998 for hte Big XII Championship
As a Kansas fan, I wish that were true, but KU hasn't even sniffed mediocrity in the Big XII. And I don't mind being confused for KSU as long as you don't mind me confusing A&M for TT :D .
So here goes, and this is going to be really hard.

Your school: Kansas Jayhawks

Not much, we pretty much blow. In Lawrence there is always basketball season.

2. What's the biggest misconception about your team/school that you'd like people to realize isn't the truth.

I guess that its not flat. KU has rolling hills covered with trees and it is nothing like somebody would think of Kansas, ie. Uncle Eddie. Behind Austin I would rank it as the second biggest party school in the Big XII. When ESPN did a mock up campus review by Larry Eustachy they even noted that.

Alabama. That, to me, is football. Except Mike Price...

Probably Tony Sands. Isaac Byrd and June Henley tie for second. I'm too young to remember Riggins or Sayers.

Dion Rayford. One word: Chalupa. If anyone needs a refresher course, read all about it.

Glen Mason in my lifetime. He was a jerk but he had something going here.

Wow, thats pretty hard. I guess it would be when we finished 9th in the country in 1995. The only top ten finish I have seen. We were 10-2.

Terry Allen. Super nice guy, but horrible X and O's guy.

Thats hard, but I would say two games stand out from the 1995 season. The first would be the major upset we pulled off in Boulder against CU early that year that got things rolling for us. The second game would be rolling 51 points up against UCLA in the Aloha Bowl on Christmas day. That was a fun day.

Losing to Nebraska 20-21 in 1993 on a failed 2 pt. attempt to win it with no time left. We have not beaten them since 1968.

Probably Michigan's(Ann Arbor) or Washington's(Seattle).

Nebraska

Missouri, but we will.

Don't know really. The girl from Pirates of the Caribbean is pretty hot.

No, I live in Vegas now. Go Rebels also!

Usually never anymore.

17. Do you tailgate?

Oh yeah, its not football without tailgating.

Kevin_Spradley

Stunt Coordinator
Your school: Alabama Crimson Tide

Auburn fans calling us Rednecks, seems like the pot calling the kettle black

We haven't always cheated much

There is no other

Johnny Musso, never saw him play live
Jay Barker, went to high school with him

several others players

Do coaches count?
Antonio Langham, great player but idiot

Bear, and Stallings

1993 Sugar Bowl 34-13 upset win over Miami and Heisman winner Gino Torreta

2002 Win over LSU at LSU at night. The atmosphere was great if you were an Alabama fan.

Mike Dubose, Mike Price

1993 Sugar Bowl

2002 Loss to Auburn at Bryant-Denny

The Big House, Michigan

Tennesee and Auburn

Tennessee and Auburn

So many, So many

Yes

Day Before

17. Do you tailgate?
oh yeah

Kevin_Spradley

Stunt Coordinator
Heisman winner Gino Torreta is not from Alabama, we kicked his a** in the Sugar Bowl. Granted he turned out to be a flop, but all the pre-game hype about him and Miami kicking our a** right out of New Orleans made it sweet justice for our defense to come in there and put a hurt on him. His stats for the game 24-56 for 278 yards and 3 ints.

The best moment from that game was George Teague chasing down sprinter Lamar Thomas and stripping the ball from him.

Another Interesting note from the game, Alabama only had 18 yards passing, but 60 rushing attempts for 267 yards. Miami had 48 yards rushing.

The good ole days of Alabama defense and running the ball.

ROLL TIDE ROLL

Your school: Nebraska

they're all criminals

UNL has no more bad apples than any other school.

Texas A&M

Tommie Frazier

Lawrence Phillips,
Dr. Tom

4th Qtr. comeback against Miami and Warren Sapp sucking oxygen at the end of the 94 Orange Bowl.

Penn St. catch out of bounds in 1982 cost us a National Championship, 1993 Orange Bowl vs. FSU (missed last second field goal, horrible officiating!)

1994 Orange Bowl vs. Miami

2001 blowout loss to CU. It was a sign that the end of the dominance had come.

None - There is no place like Nebraska!

Colorado

Colorado

Denise Richards.

of course

about 10 am

17 Do you tailgate
yes

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
That we actually DO have the largest stadium in college football Sorry, Michingan...
If Tennessee has the largest stadium, how do you explain Michigan having the largest crowds?

Your school: University of Michigan

Nothing really bothers me.

I cannot top Michael Warner's comment: "3 yards and a cloud of dust went out with Bo. We really do pass the ball these days".

South Carolina (we have a second home there)

Anthony Carter.

Demetrius Brown. He was the worst Michigan QB I've seen, and represents the mediocrity of that team.

Bo Schembechler -- no contest.

Winning the '97 Rose Bowl and a share of the national title.

Same as Michael's -- Kordell Stewart's last second Hail Mary pass in 1994.

Same as Michael's again -- Ohio State 1968. That win was the start of a new era for Michigan football.

A tie, really. Mike Lantry missing a last second field goal, leaving the Ohio State game tied and leaving the Rose Bowl team selection to the Big Ten athletic directors. They voted to send the Buckeyes.

None. There's no place better for a college game than The Big House.

It's a toss-up between Ohio State and Notre Dame.

Same as #12.

I have no idea.

No. I usually get invited by a couple of different friends with season tickets.

Usually by 10am. Any later and traffic is too heavy.

17 Do you tailgate

Of course.

Trey Fletcher

Second Unit
Your school: Arizona State University

ASwho? as opposed to ASU. This only bothers me because it is stupid and they can't come up with anything funny or original.

That besides good weather and a great nightlife, we actually have some of the best academic programs in the country.

LSU Tigers. (half of my family is from Louisiana.)

Danny White or Pat Tillman

Dunno.

Frank Kush

1996 19-0 shut out of 2 time defending national champs Nebraska. Our defense had 3 safeties in that game.

'96 Rose Bowl loss to Ohio State and the POS/traitor John Cooper. Had we won that game, we would have been national champs as the only undefeated team in college football that year. The result sucked, their fans were the rudest ever, and Cooper rubbed it in during his post-game tirade. What an ass.

Again, '96 over Nebraska, or our '86 Rose Bowl victory over Michigan.

Any loss to the U of A Shitcats.

11. If you could trade stadiums with any school but keep
your fans, which would it be?

Absolutely none. Sun Devil stadium sits in the middle of Tempe Butte/A-mountain. I love the view of the river, the stadium, and the mountain (with the big ass gold "A" on the side). The stadium is also on campus, seats plenty (around 80K), has great facilities, and has hoasted 5 National Championship games and one Super Bowl.

University of Arizona

University of Arizona

I believe this question is supposed to refer to women who attended your University. In this case I can't think of anyone in particular, though I doubt there is a school out there that has more beautiful women.

Not this year (have a one year-old)

about 3 hours before game time

17 Do you tailgate
yes

James L White

Supporting Actor
Kansas Jayhawks
Oh man, it's gotta be hard to get excited about football season, at least your team wouldn't have to win about 300 games in row to get to .500 all time (like Kansas St. :laugh: ) I didn't knwo Kansas won 10 games in '95 for some reason I thought the last time KU was even decent in football was back in the early 80s.

PS not a slam at your school at all. :)

Greg_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Greg
Your school: Georgia Tech
Nothing really upsets me, although the common one would be that "we're a bunch of nerds".
As mentioned by Matt, girls do attend GT.
Maryland. It's where I grew up and they no longer stink.
Joe Hamilton or Charlie Rogers. Both were major factors in turning our team around in the late 90s.
Coach Bill Lewis. Turned a national championship squad into a 1-11 team in 3 years.
Can't pick just one.
Beating #1 Virginia in 1990 (at Virginia) which led to a national title. A close 2nd for me would be GT beating Clemson a few years ago with a diving one handed catch (10 seconds or so left in the game). My brother (who went there at the time) called me up to gloat seconds before they ran the play... he wasn't gloating afterward!
Losing to Navy in 1995 (they came back in the 4th to beat us using a variety of trick plays).
Definitely the national championship game in 1990; the UVA game the same year was pretty strong.
Although the 1994 season sucked, I'd say it was our loss to FSU in 1991. In my mind, this destroyed our team's confidence and with a poor coach they did not gain it back until the late 90's. The blowout by UGA in 1993 would be a close second (except for the mother of all fights that occurred at the end).
Clemson's stadium has an great aura about it (mostly due to the fans, not the stadium itself).
The team who's playing us for the national championship :)
Florida State
From our school?
nope, I live 2800 miles away. However, I do watch the games on TV (with other GT alums).
2-3 hours in advance (at least)
17. Do you tailgate?
Yes (I believe it's required in the South)

Eman_Ramos

Stunt Coordinator
Your school: UCLA

Don't really know.

We're just a basketball school. Ummm, no.

Probably Bama. Or Texas.

Cade McNown, hands down. The man was a winner.

Brian Poli-Dixon. Dogged it all four years. Hands of butter, I tell you.

I've only been through Donahue, Toledo, and Dorrell.

I choose Dorrell.

'96 SC game. UCLA was down 17 late in the game. We tie, send it to OT, and win. Best game EVER.

'98 Miami game. Just destroyed our program.

In my eyes? See #7.

2001 USC game. The 2002 SC game coming in right behind.

Any school with an on-campus stadium. Grrrrrrr.

U$C U$C U$C

U$C, although Oregon is #2

Wait, is this hottest female celebrity that went to my school? If so, then Brooke Burke. And Catherine Bell. Actually, I'll take any UCLA coed over any celebrity.

I used to, I'll get 'em soon enough.

few hours before game time.

17 Do you tailgate
Sure

GOD I can't wait for the season to start. Go Bruins!!

Jed M

Senior HTF Member
PS not a slam at your school at all. :)
Actually, thats probably the best compliment anyone has ever given Kansas, I say much worse. :D I used to get 4 or 5 games a year on the dish when they were playing the big teams but now that they have hit rock bottom I didn't get any last year. Thats pretty freakin bad.

We were pretty solid during the Glen Mason Era (the equivalent of Minnesota now) which coincided with the end of the Big 8. I still will never understand him turning down the Georgia job a couple years before he decided to take the Minnesota job. I am sure he is thinking the same thing the way he begged for the OSU job last year. Minnesota is a fine job, a touch above KU maybe, so absolutely no offense meant to Gopher fans, but Georgia is the real deal when it comes to a football job.

As far as your hogs go, it looks like you got a good thing going this year, plus it looks pretty wide open in the SEC West. I would say now that Franchione has left, I think either Arkansas or LSU will be playing in the SEC championship.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks