What's new

College Basketball Favorites (1 Viewer)

Tommy G

Screenwriter
Well, my UCONN Huskies have a problem with being in the top 25. Every time they make it there, they lose :frowning: . Tom Rags said
It never get any better for my money than CUSE-GTOWN and CUSE-UCONN at the Jim Boeheim Court at the Carrier Dome
My territory for work is central New York and I am actually in Syracuse right now. Tom, how tough is it to get tickets to an Orangemen game?

PhilipW

Second Unit
Shane,
Didn't you mean "How to start a losing streak?" Play OSU in GIA the rowdiest arena in the nation.:)
Go Pokes

Ralph Summa

Supporting Actor
GOD I hate Duke BB! I was furious listening to Christian Laettner before the 1999 championship game say "I just hope UCONN hangs around long enough to make it an entertaining game." I was satisfied afterwards....

Tom Rags and Tommy G, even the Big East commisioner stated it was a travesty that UCONN and Syracuse weren't playing each other this year. He hopes they meet in the Big East Tourney. This two division format sucks....

Jon_B

Screenwriter
Illinois has won its sixth straight game. Joe Lunardi of ESPN predicts they will be in the East bracket matched up against St. Johns. Not bad.

If my alma mater (fingers still crossed) make it, they will be in the midwest bracket matched up against Georgia. Not so good.

Jon

Thomas_Berg

Screenwriter
Real Name
Thomas
anyone just see Maryland beat Wake? unbelievable. heartbreaking. make sure you watch SportsCenter tonight because i've never seen anything like that before!!
20 sec left, Wake down by two. they shoot and miss a three and Wake comes up with the golden offensive rebound. someone lays it in and gets fouled. he misses the free throw, tie game. 10.2 left and MD drives hard. they stop, shoot, miss, and Wake gets the rebound and calls a timeout with 1.2 left.
well, it turns out that Wake doesn't have any more timeouts left, so that's a technical foul!! MD hits one of two freethrows to seal it, but with 1.2 left there's a hail-mary pass down the court followed by a stunningly close 3-point shot from Wake. it was a very exciting and heartbreaking loss for Wake.
GODUKEBEATUNC!!

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
i've never seen anything like that before!!
UNC versus Michigan for the national championship with the infamous Chris Weber time-out was a lot like that.

And I will take this opportunity to plug my beloved intrepid young Spartys who are at least making a case that they belong in the NCAA tourney with a quality come-from-behind win against Indiana. The Big Ten is really a mess this year with no clearly dominant teams. Every team in the conference has at least four losses in Big Ten play. At least it makes it fun to watch.

Regards,

Paul_Fisher

Screenwriter
Louisville Cardinals baby!!!

Rick Pitino will have them in the final four within 3 years!!! Write it down!!!

Tom Rags

Supporting Actor
Tommy G-
Sorry I missed your Valentine's Day Post about Orangemen Tickets...I hadn't visited this thread in awhile.
In general it is not too difficult to get tickets...the Dome hold 33,000 for basketball. We had 30,000 last Sunday for the Georgetown game and the naming of the "Jim Boeheim Court." It was the largest college basketball crowd this season.
If you ever have interest in coming to a game, it is very easy for me to pick up tickets. You can always get much better tickets at the Box office then online. If you ever want to hit a game, let me know and I'd be happy to pick up tickets and send them to you.
Here's to hoping that SU and UCONN find a way to meet in the Big East Tourney! I think we are both pretty evenly matched this year, and I would have loved to have seen us play two or three times this season. :angry:
BTW, that G'town game Sunday was a heartbreaker. Shumpert and Williams couldn't hit water if they fell out of a boat and lost the game on Boeheim's day. However, 30,000 is always cool atmosphere regardless of the outcome. Its funny,G'town has a reputation for spoiling Cuse "Big Days." In 1979, the SU home was Manley Field House before the Dome opened. SU had like a 57 game win streak at home. G'town comes in and wins on a buzzer beater to win by one point in the last ever game at Manley. Immediately after the game, John Thompson runs over to the press table, grabs the PA microphone, and exclaims, "Manley Field House is Officially Closed!!!" to a chorus of SU boos. :angry:
That was the beginning of one of my favorite Big East Rivalries....

Evan S

Senior HTF Member
Hey Ken, cut Tom Berg some slack here. He's probably an 18 year old kid going to some school like TCU or something.

He was probably about 6 years old when the Webber time out play happened. I agree with you though, it's the first thing I thought of when I saw the play.

Who was watching that game when the USA was playing Canada for the gold medal though? Where's your patriotism?!?!?

The UNC/Michigan game was one of the best college basketball games ever played IMO, it's a shame Michigan lost on that kind of play. Would have been interesting to see what would have happened had Webber NOT called timeout.

By the way Tom, I've read your posts...I KNOW you go to TCU!!!

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
Hey Ken, cut Tom Berg some slack here. He's probably an 18 year old kid going to some school like TCU or something.
I wasn't picking on Tom. I was just pointing it out matter of factly. No "rolleyes" smiley express or implied was intended. :)
The game was just under nine years ago, but it was for the National Championship and it gets brought up so frequently that most people who know who Chris Weber is have heard about it. I think the SportsCenter guys even mentioned it in their coverage of the Maryland-Wake Forest game.
Regards,

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks