What's new

Collector's Edition of Carlito's Way (1 Viewer)

Chad Gregory

Supporting Actor
Just listed on Universal's web site as a Collector's Edition. Release date 9/2/03.

English Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround
Spanish Dolby Digital 2.0 Mono
French Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround
Captions: English
Subtitles: French, Spanish
Picture: Anamorphic Widescreen (2.35:1)
No mention of the special features yet. I guess this is to tie in to the re-release of Scarface.

-Chad

Christian Preischl

Screenwriter
Real Name
Christian Preischl
I doubt a commentary will happen, but I remember reading that Laurent Bouzereau was the one working on the special features which should make this DVD a treat.
But why does it have to be 09/02? Why??? :)

Chris

Paul Arnette

Senior HTF Member
Good God almighty! Is Universal re-releasing every one of their DVDs on 9/2 EXCEPT for Flash Gordon? Grrrr. :angry:

Anyway, I am VERY excited about this release. :)

"Sorry boys, all the stitches in the world can't sew me together again. Lay down...lay down. Gonna stretch me out in Fernandez funeral home on hun and ninth street. Always knew I'd make a stop there, But a lot later than a whole gang of people thought Last of the Mo-Ricans, well maybe not the last. Gail's gonna be a good mom New improved Carlito Brigante Hope she uses the money to get out No room in this city for big hearts like us... Sorry baby, I tried the best I could. Honest Can't come with me on this trip loaf Getting the shakes now, Last call for drinks, Bars closing down Sun's out Where are we going for breakfast, Don't wanna go far Rough night Tired baby... Tired..."

Joshua_Y

Screenwriter
Well its about damn time...this is one of my all-time favorites and I consider it a better film than Scarface and Pacino's best performance...thank you Universal! :D

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
I'm pretty sure i read scarface has been bumped back a couple weeks to 9/29 street date. Whatever they do they should release carlito's way on the same date. Maybe give a discount if you buy both but probably doubtful on that aspect.

David Glenn

Second Unit
One of my favorite and most watched films.

Any additional info on special features or is it just improved A/V? Either way, I'll double dip just for the anamorphic transfer.

Not only was it one of Pacino's best performances, I think it was Penn's best performance.

Everyone remember LOTR star, Viggo Mortensen's performance as Lalin? Great stuff.

"You think you like me? You ain't like me motherfucker! I've been with made people, connected people! Who've you been with? Chain snatching, jive talking motherfuckers! Why don't you get out of here and go snatch a purse!" - Carlito Brigante

Tim Ke

Stunt Coordinator
www.dvdanswers.com had some menu shots and the cover a while ago. From memory, the features appeared to be a 'making-of', trailer and photo gallery. And the cover is horrendous - some dumbwit decided they had to brighten up Al Pacino's face :frowning: I'm too lazy to find the link, but check it out for yourselves!

Neil S. Bulk

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil S. Bulk
Yeah, I saw that wretched cover at Universal's site yesterday. It's horrible!

Neil

Jesse Blacklow

Senior HTF Member
Everyone remember LOTR star, Viggo Mortensen's performance as Lalin? Great stuff.
Also a great introduction to an up-and-coming John Leguizamo as Benny Blanco "from the Bronx". This movie is definitely in my top 10. Oh well, I guess yet another double-dip for me--There's Something More About Mary, Starship Troopers: Superbit, and now this.

Robert_eb

Supporting Actor
I've been hold'n off on the current non-anamorphic dvd as I already have the LTRBX version on vhs.

Mark me down as a sale on this one!

Neil_Duffy

Second Unit
I read on UK website that this was an extended edition - meaning, to me, that it was a longer cut.

I'd lose it if that was true, as I love this flick.

Neil_Duffy

Second Unit
Yes, wouldn't understand a re-cut either as it's near prefect.

Still, I'm praying the 'making of' is a good 30 minutes and not some fluffy EPK that was made in 1993!

What was on the Laserdisc?

Simon Basso

Stunt Coordinator
I read the report about an extended version on an unreliable website (who previously claimed there would be no extended Fellowship of the Ring), they were quoting "trade sources".

The British Board of Film Classification classified a widescreen version of the film on 4 July 2003 with the exact same running time as the previously classified video version.

It's also a Universal film in both territories, and I don't believe we would get an extended version in the UK without the US getting the same. So I don't think it likely at all.

CraigL

Screenwriter
I just have this gut feeling that the Making of isn't an EPK.

Judging from how Universal works, they don't usually include that immediately. I guess i'm judging from Sea of Love and others that have been released. It'll probably be very short...without even the top actors being a part of it.

As for me, I'm annoyed that the AWESOME teaser trailer isn't going to be included. I dunno if the rest of you remember it but I still have it on tape from E!'s Coming Attractions.

Anyone remember it?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation821
Recent bookmarks