What's new

Collector tins and Steelbooks (1 Viewer)

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
I normally won't pay more for a steelbook unless it contains extra material that a standard release lacks. I love the gimmicky packaging (statues, vehicles, etc.) when I don't have to pay a fortune for it, but I can't justify paying more than just a little above the standard edition price unless it's something really special. Even then, I only own a couple of those. I miss the days of laserdisc box sets that had lobby cards, posters, books, soundtracks, etc. so I love it when I can get a nice Blu-ray release that includes similar items. They have to be relevant to the film, though. No chintzy shot glasses or the like for me. Sadly, these days even a booklet is a luxury item.

Same here. None of the irrelevant tacky crap at skyhigh prices.

At minimum, at least a bonus disc that is worthwhile. (ie. NOT in the style of Star Trek: Into Darkness, where all the bonus features were scattered over many different releases/versions).

Last edited:

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
Not a fan of steel books or "box o' junk" releases. I do love storybook releases, and always try to find them.

Race Bannon

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jay
I like the variety. I don't like the cases on my shelf to match. But I don't want to pay extra -- is just an enticement to buy, some sort of attractive packaging.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks