What's new

Collective Soul: Music in High Places is a Great DVD! (1 Viewer)

ace peterson

Second Unit
I saw this program, "Music in High Places", on DirecTV and never really thought too much of it until they had Collective Soul in Morocco. I liked Collective Soul before this program, but now I can't hardly get enough of the band. All the songs on here are acoustic and just sound great. I especially like "The World I know" and "Over Tokyo." It is a pleasure to watch Ross's guitar-fingerwork on songs like "Gel" and "Heavy." I also enjoyed all the little shots they put in of the people of Morocco, their land, and culture. The program is like an hour long, but there are some interviews, promo spots, and other material to keep you busy for a while. You can also just listen to the music and they cut out all the cut-ins.
I mainly just wanted to put a plug in for this band and make people aware that this dvd is out there. Anyone who might like Collective Soul I think will love this disk. I bought mine at Sam Goody, but I know it is available online at places like amazon.com. Check it out people!!!:emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

Jon Sheedy

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the review of this title! I love this band and was wondering if this DVD was worth owning. I'll grab it tomorrow!

Jon

John Geelan

Screenwriter
thanks for the review. I also think this band is an underrated gem. They have really had a great run of quality songs over many albums yet none talks about them much.

JohnG

Jeffrey Noel

Screenwriter
Ah hell yeah. I had no idea they actually put out "Music on High Places" on dvd. I saw this program a couple of months ago and couldn't believe how neato it was.
Thanks for the heads up. I'll definitely be looking for this title! :emoji_thumbsup:

Rob M.

Stunt Coordinator
I second the recommendation for this DVD. As ace mentions, you can hear the complete version of each song by selecting the "just the music" option in the special features menu. You can access indivdual songs, or their is a "play all" option. The program itself is pretty interesting, but doesn't have the replay value for me that the songs do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks