What's new

Colin Mcrae 3 Delayed until March? (1 Viewer)

EdR

Second Unit
I've noticed that the US ship date for CMR3 seems to have slipped back to March...what's up with that? It's out in Europe, so I assume this has nothing to do with coding difficulties...why in the world would they delay it until after Christmas?

EdR

Second Unit
Thanks for the link, but all the sites I've checked (EBgames, Amazon, etc) all list the Xbox and PS2 versions as March 2003...

DeanWalsh

Second Unit
Both versions are already out in Australia, so yes the ps2 version is finished. Does it have an online option? If so maybe they need to tweak the net code for the US.

Dan B

Screenwriter
Thanks for the link, but all the sites I've checked (EBgames, Amazon, etc) all list the Xbox and PS2 versions as March 2003...
OK...so you believe in Amazon.com's information but don't believe the word straight from the developer that they are delaying the PS2 version but not the Xbox version?

-Dan

EdR

Second Unit
OK...so you believe in Amazon.com's information but don't believe the word straight from the developer that they are delaying the PS2 version but not the Xbox version?
Uh, well, it's not just Amazon, it's EB and Buy.com as well (I think). I haven't said anything about the developer...because they list no date, but simply say 'Winter 2002' which doesn't match anyone's story.
EDIT: I took a third look at codemasters, and it does indeed say Dec 3 for the Xbox version. I'm happy now :) Allow me to say in my defense that I've been ravenously awaiting this game for a long, long time, and the US dates have been mostly shifting rumors.

EdR

Second Unit
OK, I apologize in advance for waking this slumbering thread, but the dates on this game are driving me crazy.
Codemasters US website still says Dec 3 for the Xbox, which is only 5 days away. But I can't find a single retailer that shows they'll have the game until Feb. And the PS2 in March, every one of them has the same dates.

Dan B

Screenwriter
I think the Xbox version was delayed afterall. They might be including Xbox Live compatibility, which is the reason they gave for delaying Pro Race Driver too. Have you tried emailing Codemasters US?

EdR

Second Unit
I think the Xbox version was delayed afterall. They might be including Xbox Live compatibility, which is the reason they gave for delaying Pro Race Driver too. Have you tried emailing Codemasters US?
No, I haven't but that's a good idea, think I will.

If they are delaying it to add Live, then all is forgiven...and it will by all means push me off the fence into getting XBL!

EDIT: I sent them an email, will post the reply here if/when I get one.

EdR

Second Unit
Wow, that was fast...I already got a reply:

Colin McRae Rally 3.0 PlayStation 2 | Spring 2003

Colin McRae Rally 3.0 XBOX | Spring 2003

I haven't had any word on the reason for the release being pushed back! (I
~believe~ that it's due to Colin McRae switching teams recently and having
to decide whether to stick with the original team in the game or switch it
over to the new one!)
Hmm, I had read on another forum that the current game wouldn't be changed to reflect CMR's moving to Citroen...but looks like that might have been wrong.

DwightK

Second Unit
Well, we need a Xsara in a racing game for the xbox considering that RS Challenge doesn't have one.
did any of you happen to watch the Rally Network Q on OLN or otherwise? The turn where Grunholm and others lost it was fantastic footage. Too bad Safari is gone next year:thumbsdown:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks