Colin Hanks

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Shawn C, Jan 11, 2002.

1. Shawn C

Shawn C Screenwriter

Is Colin Hanks the next Tom Hanks? With the emergence of Tom Hank's son as an actor do you think that Tom Hanks will move further into directing and producting and let his son handle the acting from now on?

Orange County looks, to me, to be a halfway decent comedy. It's getting mixed reviews for sure. Is this Colin Hanks' "Splash" (Tom Hanks' first big movie)

2. Carlo Medina

Carlo Medina Executive Producer

I have never seen Colin Hanks act, but when I saw the trailer for Orange County I thought it was ShitBreak from American Pie (sorry, don't remember his real name, just what Stifler kept calling him). Don't they look similar?

3. Alex Spindler

Alex Spindler Producer

I think it's being establish as such. They're downplaying his name, so I think they're depending on him to make it as an actor independant of the familial influence. He did a good job in his brief role in Band of Brothers, so I think he may have what it takes to be a nice contribution to the Hollywood community (ie, he hasn't pursued the independent circuit).

I wish him luck, because he doesn't appear to be a Freddie Prinze Jr in the making (which is a HUGE compliment).

4. Inspector Hammer!

Inspector Hammer! Executive Producer

John Williamson
    Well, I really don't see Tom giving up acting anytime soon. He may direct and produce, but he'll still be acting as well. His son is not an established actor yet, but he could very well follow in his dads footsteps, i.e. starring in low budget comedies for awhile and then knock our socks off as a dramatic actor like his dad did. We'll see.
    BTW, while we're on the subject, did anyone see Tom Hanks coming? What I mean is here's this tall, thin, funny guy who used to do films like 'Splash', 'The Money Pit' and 'The Burbs', and then POW! Out of seemingly nowhere he became one of the best dramatic actors in Hollywood! I used to watch him back than, and if you had told me that this guy would go on to be the next Jimmy Stewart, I would have thought you were nuts!

5. Micheal

Micheal Screenwriter

When I saw Tom Hanks in "Big" that's when I knew he was going to be something special. (I know that's not close to his first movie but it's the first time I noticed him for more than a few laughs.)
    The scene where he spends his first night alone in a cheap hotel is what got me... [​IMG]

6. Carlo Medina

The real question is:
    How pissed is the other Bosom Buddy? [​IMG]

7. Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver Lead Actor

8. Inspector Hammer!

Inspector Hammer! Executive Producer

John Williamson
    Yes, 'Big' has to be the first time I saw something from him that I hadn't seen before. He showed us in that film that he could really act. I mean can you watch that film and not be UTTERLY convinced that he REALLY is just a thirteen year old kid in that body?

9. Shawn C

Shawn C Screenwriter

Yeah, Colin Hanks did do a pretty good job in "Band of Brothers" even though his part was pretty small. I saw an "Orange County" interview with him on MSN and it's kinda spooky listening to the voice of TOM Hanks coming out of Colin Hanks..haha.

I think it's cool that he is so much like his father.

10. Patrick_S

Patrick_S Producer

11. Scott Weinberg

Scott Weinberg Lead Actor

Hey now! Tom gave Scolari a part in That Thing You Do!
    I've seen Colin perform in two movies now. He's definitely not a BAD actor, but to me he's just kind of...there. Like bread.
    Seeing as Colin's career is in its infancy, it wouldn't make sense to be hyper-critical at this point. He certainly looks (and SOUNDS) like his Dad. Time will tell if he's got Pop's skills.
    He could be the next Tom Hanks or he could be the next Skeet Ulrich. [​IMG]

12. Carlo Medina

Here's a little hint:
    the big green smiley ( [​IMG] ) indicates either jokingness, sarcasm, or both.
    As far as Colin Hanks "just being there" - I do remember thinking the same thing about Tom way back before he was famous. Not saying that Colin will follow in daddy's footsteps of fame, but you never know, he's still starting out...

13. Scott Weinberg

Scott Weinberg Lead Actor

Oh man. I totally forgot the smilie protocol.
    [​IMG]