What's new

Coldplay New album 6/17/08 (1 Viewer)

Matt Butler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt Butler
Anyone like the new singles? Picking up the new cd? Going to the show?

(Im a fan; cant you tell? ;)

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
I like the two songs I've heard so far (Viva la Vida and Violet Hill), so I'll probably pick up the CD. Unless I win tickets to the Cleveland concert, there's no way I'm laying down $70+ to see them.

Chris Brunner

Second Unit
Thomas,

Did you hear Viva la Vida on line? I have (and like) Violet Hill (very much). but have yet to hear any other songs from the new album.

I ALMOST bought some not-so-great seats for the Washington, DC show, but I really want to hear a bands new album BEFORE I plunk down (too much) money for a show where they are surely going to be playing most of that new album.

C

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S
I downloaded Violet Hill when they were offering it for free on their website. I liked it but am worried because it didn't sound too much different than what has come before. I'll still pick up the new album, as I've enjoyed the others, but hopefully they expand their sound a little in some of the other tracks.

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
I bought the track from iTunes. If you preorder the album there, you can get the track free, but I'll be getting a physical copy.

Neil Middlemiss

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Middlemiss
You can hear the entire album online here:

Viva La Vida first listen.

This sounds delicious, soaring melodies, alternately dark and thematic...I just love their sound. An extension of X&Y but somewhat richer and more textured. Really very good!

Ron Reda

Senior HTF Member
I *ahem* obtained it the other day (I'll still buy it) and listened to a few tracks. It seemed pretty good, but I wasn't expecting anything drastically different from their current "sound." I've always liked Brian Eno's production so it should be an interesting listen.

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
My computer won't recognize the CD, but it works on my portable CD player. I've only come across one other report of this, so did I get a bad copy, or is everyone's CD like this?

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
Sorry, both of my DVD drives won't recognize the disc, so it's like there isn't even a disc in the drive when I put it in.

Drew_N

Grip
FYI for those thinking of picking up the album on vinyl. It actually includes a copy of the CD. Very cool suprise.

Great album too. I've been listening to it for a few weeks essentially on repeat in the car. I'm not tired of it yet.

Jean D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jean D
Ive had it a while now, its ok. a couple of good tracks you dont get tired of. however, I don't think its as good as they could've made. The other Coldplay albums are much more solid.

Ron Reda

Senior HTF Member
I found a copy of a live show from the night before the album was released. It sounds very good and features many songs from the new album. It can be DL'd here:

http://fuelfriendsblog.com/listenup/...%20Brixton.zip

Check out the website as well...I check it out everyday and Heather never ceases to amaze me with her musical knowledge. She also posts some excellent live stuff just about every day.

Jeff_A

Screenwriter
After a few more spins, my first response really hasn't changed . . . I am completely indifferent. Perhaps one day it will suddenly click, but this release (like X&Y) cannot touch A Rush Of Blood....

Matt Butler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt Butler
I loved it but X&Y is still my fav w Rush of Blood being my second fav.

For you vinyl collectors both X&Y and Viva.. sound incredible!! Havent got Blood or Paracutes on wax yet. Oh and the singles box is sweet too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabby
Recent bookmarks