What's new

Cold Mountain: 2-Disc Collector's Edition......June 29th (1 Viewer)

JoshB

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Joshua Bal
Buena Vista will release the Oscar nominated film on June 29th in the form of a 2-disc collector's edition:

Disc One:

-Anamorphic Widescreen Transfer (1.85:1).
-English Dolby Digital and DTS 5.1 Surround.
-English, French and Spanish subtitles
-2 Audio commentaries with director/writer Anthony Minghella, actors Jude Law and Nicole Kidman, and editor Walter Murch.

Disc Two:

-Deleted Scenes
-Documentary "Climbing Cold Mountain"
-Behind-the-scenes featurette "A Journey to Cold Mountain"
-"Words & Music of Cold Mountain." Special live performances based on the film from UCLA's Royce Hall (including music from Alison Krauss, Sting and Jack White, and readings from Nicole Kidman and Jude Law).
-Storyboard to film comparison.
-Conversations with the musicians behind the film.

Tom June

Agent
Never got a chance to catch this in the theater...am looking forward to buying it though, if only because of the director.

Kevin Leonard

Supporting Actor
Josh,

How hard is it to list where you got this info (which, btw, is from DVDAnswers.com)? This has to be the third or fourth time this week you've listed DVD specs without quoting a site.

I'm not trying to berate you; I'd just like to know what source you're getting this info from, and see if it's from one of the more reliable sites. In addition, it'd be nice to give the site proper credit.

Back onto the subject: while I wasn't a huge fan of the film, this sure does sound like an excellent set--especially the "Words and Music of Cold Mountain" feature. If Elvis Costello (who co-wrote one of the songs for the soundtrack) is on there, this DVD is definitely mine. :)

JoshB

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Joshua Bal
Hey, sorry about that. I usually don't list sources (it wasnt dvdanswers or dvdtimes, but both had the specs listed about the same time.) I receive specs most of the time through people who get the info about the releases just after they come out. Its usually around the time they are posted on numerous sites (dvdanswers for example). If i had to quote a source, it would be an indivudal or indivduals. But if I do get them fro ma site, I will certainly quote them in the future.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks