Cold Case 2/22/04

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Patrick Sun, Feb 23, 2004.

1. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

"Disco Inferno"

A cold case that seems to have inspiration from the Rhode Island nightclub fire, and "Saturday Night Fever" was pretty entertaining.

The disco music was pretty fun to see in its hey day. The notion that disco were not a fad, but was here to stay had the ring of youthful naivete. Hindsight is always 20/20. [​IMG]

ADA Kite should never dance in public ever again.

2. Brent Hutto

Brent Hutto Supporting Actor

They did a very good job of invoking the late 70's. What a depressingly stupid decade. At the time I figured it was because I was a teenager and it was the usual "everything sucks" angst. But the more I see recreations of that era the more I realize that things were really, truly that lame.

This may be the most extreme episode of Cold Case in terms of all the characters in the flashbacks being a) doofuses and b) jerks. Hardly a shred of redeeming value in any of them. Usually the writers at least give us someone to root for.

The dancing sequences from the show's coda were priceless.

3. Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver Lead Actor

Or the Avalon (?) fire in Boston in the late 70s; Law & Order did something much closer to the stage pyrotechnics fire a couple months ago.

4. Jeff Gatie

Jeff Gatie Lead Actor

Jason,

I don't recall a fire at the Avalon (or any other Boston nightspot) in the late 70's. The only Boston nightclub fire I can recall is the infamous Cocoanut Grove in 1942 (491 dead and the catalyst for most of today's strict fire laws). MOF, the Avalon on Lansdowne was not named Avalon until 1992. Around the Disco era it was "15 Lansdowne" and "Boston-Boston" and I don't remember any other club with that name or a nightclub fire around that time. I may be wrong, if you know any other details, I'm curious.

Edit: Date for CG fire was 1942, not 1949

5. Ken Chan

Ken Chan Producer

Law & Order had a much better fire-at-a-nightclub episode years ago (at the fictional "El Ciello"). Of course, that could probably be said for most L&O ideas.

6. Patrick_S

Patrick_S Producer

I thought this was a good episode although as some one who grew up in the era it was painful to watch just how bad tastes really were.

Just one question, that was Kathryn Morris in the flash backs wasn't it?