Cold Case 1/18/04

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Patrick Sun, Jan 19, 2004.

1. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

I like the human element in this show a lot. The case of a boy who died mysteriously, coupled with a teen who runs away and becomes the likely suspect, a mother struggling with 3 children, a father who is haunted by his son's death, a priest who flees soon afterwards, and a racist storeowner, you get a trip down memory lane for Lilly's boss who originally investigated the case, a case that costed him his marriage.

Finally, we see a little bit of Lilly's homelife as the ADA puts the moves on her, and she's a bit reluctant, but seemingly receptive at the same time. Lilly's picked up 2 strays, one with only 3 legs, and another with only 1 eye. I guess that says something about Lilly taking on "lost causes" as part of her personality. Let's hope she finds some romance in her life with someone if not the ADA.

2. Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver Lead Actor

Can't say I like the potential romance with the ADA, but a pretty entertaining episode. "No Drugs Today" == funny; Jeremy Ratchford is a gem.

3. Roberto Carlo

Roberto Carlo Second Unit

I didn't watch this when it first came on but it's become one of my favorites. Kathryn Morris is not only a fine actress but she is very easy on the eyes. (It's hard to believe that she's the same person who played Cruise's Wife in Minority Report. Two completely different looks.)

I agree about the "no drugs today." Which one is Jeremy Ratchford?

4. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

Jeremy is the heavy-set white detective. I like watching this show in HD, it's got that cold blue tint, but Kathryn Morris still looks very appealing with the lighting of the show.

5. Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver Lead Actor

Actually, they do some interesting things with lighting and color on this show - the flashbacks are usually either grainier or something else; I noticed an episode Rachel Talalay directed a few weeks ago (the one with the gay baseball player) where the color was drained from all the flashbacks unless something was blue, in which case it was really vibrant, although it shifted to red later. Not sure quite what she was trying to accomplish.

6. Scott Van Dyke

Scott Van Dyke Supporting Actor

I am enjoying this show a lot.

Seems I get a lump in my throat at the end of every episode. The music ties in well with everything.

They can leave the romance at the door, however. Don't make this another NYPD Blue. We already have one.