What's new

Cohen - OOP Blu-ray Collections? (1 Viewer)

classicscaper

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jacob
I've had a few Cohen Film Collection blu-rays on my list for awhile and haven't pulled the trigger. Recently, I noticed that a couple are out of stock virtually everywhere. Any intel on whether these have truly gone OOP? All are multi-film collections and have been unavailable on Amazon for well over a month.

Two Films from Douglas Sirk
That Man From RIo/Up to His Ears
The Vivien Leigh Anniversary Collection

skylark68

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
I looked up Intolerance the other day and it seems pretty expensive compared to what it was awhile back. I think it might be OOP.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Hard to know with Cohen titles when they're OOP or just on long hiatus OOS/

The B&N 50% off sale last November, many of them that were OOS at the beginning eventually showed up (including Sirk), but I don't remember ever seeing Intolerance or Vivian Leigh in stock during that sale and pretty sure those two are gone.

PODER

Supporting Actor
Real Name
PETER JABLONSKI
Does anyone have a complete list of the Cohen Blu-rays that are out of print? Like many others, I'm selling off stuff on eBay during the pandemic. My copy of THAT MAN FROM RIO/UP TO HIS EARS will go up for sale as soon as I re-watch the two films. Same with the Vivien Leigh Collection. Many thanks in advance for any info.

titch

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Oppegaard
Noticed they have slow down on their new releases and their website does not show much for upcoming releases.
Any news of the remaining restored Keatons? Eureka is releasing Go West, College and Our Hospitality this week in the UK. Go West and College have yet to be released in restored versions in the US.

Angelo Colombus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Angelo Colombus
Received a email about DeepDiscount having a up to 45% off sale on Cohen releases. Nothing for me since i have all the titles i wanted.

PODER

Supporting Actor
Real Name
PETER JABLONSKI
Received a email about DeepDiscount having a up to 45% off sale on Cohen releases. Nothing for me since i have all the titles i wanted.
Any suggestions on how to access this sale? I just went to DeepDiscount and can't find it anywhere!

classicscaper

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jacob
Any suggestions on how to access this sale? I just went to DeepDiscount and can't find it anywhere!

Definitely a few Cohen deals going on there right now, but a lot out of stock and potentially OOP. Here's the Deep Discount link (plus the current 15% off coupon code "ENJOY"): https://www.deepdiscount.com/search?mod=AP&lb=Cohen+Media+Group

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
There has been a steady pattern of Cohen titles appearing to go OOP, with prices soaring on eBay or Amazon Marketplace, some examples being Jamaica Inn, The Thief of Bagdad, and Hail Mary. Then, after some random amount of time, they are available again at typical <MSRP prices. I would say it's likely that (as what happens to Criterions) Cohen runs out of stock, and needs to have more copies pressed. I have yet to see any confirmation that any Cohen title has actually, officially gone OOP.

Bartman

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Trevor Bartram
Thanks for reminding me about the Cohen Collection. I went thru the list and most of the titles I'm interested in are available streaming!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks