What's new

Coffee vultures (1 Viewer)

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member
ARRRGH! There are some jerks in my office who feel they are above making coffee if they take the last of it out of the pot! What cheeses me the most is that one of them is a first class bee-otch! Grrrr.. she drives up in her Lexus SUV and takes the last of the coffee.. then LEAVES THE POT ON so what few drops that are still remaining dry up to a black crust.

I just want to beat her with the empty pot!

Does anyone else here have the same problem in their office?

I am no means the coffee monitor around here, I just am a coffee-holic and I always seem to be the guy to make more. Which isn't a big deal... WHICH IS EXACTLY WHY THEY SHOULD MAKE COFFEE... IT'S NOT HARD TO DO!!

Whew.. thanks.

ikiru

Stunt Coordinator
Wouldnt know, here at a MAJOR telecom company, the coffee machines were done away with in an attempt to save money... :frowning:
-ikiru

Kirsten

Stunt Coordinator
Our biggest problem is in getting people to wash their own dirty mugs. I don't even drink coffee in our workplace but somehow I still get stuck cleaning up after the rest of our office slobs.
You know who you are coffee scalawags, consider this your final warning! :angry: Grrrrrr!

Julie K

Screenwriter
Kirsten,

Unless it's part of your job description, do not, ever, clean the mugs. If their mugs are dirty they have no one but themselves to blame.

Rain

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rain
Does anyone else here have the same problem in their office?
Constantly.
And what's the number one excuse of those who are caught leaving the pot empty?
"I don't know how to work it."
Ok, so you dump out the old filter and grounds, put in a new filter, open up a pre-measured pack of coffee, pour it in, replace the filter basket and push one button...the water is hooked up already. How bloody hard is that?
Damn, it's so annoying. :angry:

Ross Williams

Supporting Actor
Yes Kristen, let those inconsiderate bastards clean up their own mess. They'll never figure out how to clean their own mug if you keep doing it for them. Otherwise they'll be drinking out of a dirty mug every day, which is what they deserve if they can't do it on their own.

Unfortunately I can't say the same for the coffee, cause you guys have to make that. Thankfully I don't drink coffee.

People in general are a bunch of inconsiderate, selfish jerks. I'm really trying to get used that fact, because it causes way to much anger in my life. I need to learn how to ignore them all.

Rain

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rain
Guess what? I just got up for a coffee refill and the pot was completely dry. Evil bastards!!!!
smiley_coffee.gif

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member
What I would like is some sort of sign depicting, sarcasticly mind you, how to operate the coffee machine.

Or, I think we have a web cam here someplace... perhaps I could install it with some sort of motion detector, so the office will be notified when someone leeches. Hmmm....

Rain

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rain
What I would like is some sort of sign depicting, sarcasticly mind you, how to operate the coffee machine.
I tried that once. I returned to find the pot empty and my sign ripped off.

There is no getting around the truth: the "coffee vultures" are just lazy.

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
This is a constant problem for me. I would say that I make about 50% of the coffee that is used in my department. Frequently I go up to get a cup & it's empty. I make a pot which drains before my next cup, and I have to make it again in order to have another cup. I don't know why nobody makes it. There is a big-ass sign above the machine that describes when to make coffee.

It's really quite sad since we have filter bags and a one-button device. Pull, flick wrist, drop, push, push.

I'm thinking of bringing a 2cup french press and a grinder to my office & letting the rest fend for themselves.

JasenP

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jasen
No free coffee here. We have a cafeteria that serves Starbucks. At a buck a cup it can get pricey for a caffeine addicted A/V tech!

Matt Stryker

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt
We've got free Starbucks here at work, as well as free soda. And get this: If the coffee pot is empty or the soda machine is out, we call the help desk. They have coffee technical support who changes and makes it.

That seems funnier after watching Vanilla Sky.

Darren H

Second Unit
I get in at 8 am every morning, which apparently gives the early risers just enough time to finish off the first pot, leaving me about 1/4" floating in the bottom. I would guess that I fix a new pot of coffee first thing in the morning four days out of five. :angry:

Scott Strang

Screenwriter
I like the cost saving measure of ridding the office of a coffee pot. This keeps the vultures in line.

We got together and bought our area a coffee pot. We take turns buying the coffee. We also experience no coffee vultures.

Glenn Overholt

Senior HTF Member
You guys and gals, need to take notes. Being the creatures of habit that we are, you'll probably notice that you get that next cup at about the same time every day, and the vultures do too, so when you figure this all out, get that cup of java early. :)
Glenn

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.