What's new

Coffee Table for CRT Projector ideas? Pics? (1 Viewer)

Anyone build a table to install there CRT Projector in? I am looking for some ideas and ventilation issues. Anyone have any pictures on-line showing off there creation? It needs to be enclosed to keep kids from playing with it and when not being used, have the door on the front lock. I am thinking of a flap down door on the front and some vent plates on the back with a 2 fans inside table to force air out through vents. Anyone else have any ideas?

Thanks.

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
I assume you can't (or don't want to) hang it off the ceiling. Since convergence plays an important part in CRT setup, placement is very important so if your coffee table moves, the convergence will be off.

Chad Isaacs

Supporting Actor
How about this..it is what I think I will do when I get mine.Get a cheap table from Ikea or the like.Make panels to go from the top of the bottom of the table to the floor,all the way around except where the lense's are.I have kids too...so its a concern.I thought mabey make another panel to overlap the front panel and put in some sort of glide,mabey just use 1x1 and make 2 runners..top and bottom so the sliding panel can slide.

For the panels,I thought about using peg board and cover it with a lighter dark colored fabric that way the air can still get out,all the way around.

Just a thought,but I think it should work.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks