What's new

Coffee and lemon... (1 Viewer)

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
...a new addiction of mine, not coffee, just adding the lemon. Coffee is my second beer of choice, or drink of choice and it is damn good with fresh lemon squeezed in.
Got my coffee/lemon drink on right now...yum.
Peace Out~:D

Jefferson

Supporting Actor
Wow...I've never thought of adding fruit to my favorite morning wakeup gallon of joe......hmmmmmm....I'm intrigued. Well, if its good enough for Coke and tea, I'm in....I'll post back when I've tried it.

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member
Well, if anyone is an authority on beverages.. it's Ron-P. I'll give it a whirl.
Oh, another thing lemon is good on: papercuts. It heals 'em right up like they were never there. ;)

ChrisMatson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
Yeah, and lemon is also a good replacement for Visine eye drops. A few drops of lemon juice will get the red out!

As for lemon in my coffee...I'm hesitant to try it. How much do you put in there? One slice? With any sugar, milk, half-and-half, etc...

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
Nothing else, I am a black coffee drinker. In and average cup, squeeze a 1" slice of lemon in. Damn tasty. Adds a hit of tangy/bitter character to it.
I'm curious to hear your findings.

Tim Hoover

Screenwriter
Ron, have you simply poured beer into your coffee and killed two birds with one stone? Or maybe coffee pizza?

One good thing is that the beer/coffee combo would cancel out the side effects of each individual drink.

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Ron, have you simply poured beer into your coffee and killed two birds with one stone?
This is the concept behind the fictional "Buzz Beer" brewed by the characters on the "Drew Carey Show". I'm really surprised no one has tried it in real life. Or maybe someone has and it sucks... ;)

Mitty

Supporting Actor
There's always rum & jolt!
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif

ChrisMatson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
Straying slightly off topic here...anyone ever give or receive a "cement mixer" shooter? Its a classic! We used to order them for unsuspecting drunks in college for fun.

2/3 shot glass lemon or lime juice and a separate
1/3 shot glass Baileys Irish Cream
Put them both in your mouth and swish around...

Cam S

Screenwriter
Cement mixers are BAAAAAD. I've given one to an unsuspecting friend, haha, priceless.

JasenP

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jasen
Ron-

I tried the lemon-in-my-coffee bit today and I am here to -report my findings.

I don't like it.

I really enjoy my beverages simplified. Black Coffee, Hot/Cold Tea Plain, Guinness on tap, Scotch and Whiskey by themselves.

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
Sorry to hear Jason, but hey, at least you gave it a shot.
I'll never, ever mix coffee and beer. Talk about attempting to destroy the very fiber of my being:)
Oh yeah, that cement mixer....no way!

Zen Butler

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zen K. Butler
Yes a twist is good with coffee, but a twist of lemon goes with many things. Mainly, Hennessy and Ginger Ale mmmmmmmmm, but nasty-ass hangovers

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.