What's new

Code Red DVD (distributor of cult, horror and obscure films) (1 Viewer)

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Films being released and possibly being released by Code Red (based on recent blog posts posted via their website):

Jocks (1986)
Raw Force (1982) - released in 2012
Trip with the Teacher (1975)
Weekend Pass (1984)

Possible release:

Halloween Night (aka Hack-O-Lantern) (1988).

The first of Code Red's Maria's "B" Movie Mayhem double feature titles, Love Me Deadly (1973) and The Curious Case of the Campus Corpse (1977) was released on Tuesday.

Some of the upcoming Maria's "B" Movie Mayhem titles (source of release dates: Amazon.com):

Haunted (1977) - Tuesday 20th September
Mardi Gras Massacre (1978) - Tuesday 27th September
Scream (1981) / Barn of the Naked Dead (aka Nightmare Circus) (1974) - Monday 27th September
Night of the Demon (1980) - Tuesday 11th October
Vampire at Midnight (1988) - Tuesday 18th October
Riot on 42nd St. (1987) / Bad Girls Dormitory (1986) - Tuesday 8th November
Caged Men (aka I'm Going to Get You...Elliot Boy) (1971) - Tuesday 22nd November

and another forthcoming Code Red title (source of release dates: Amazon.com):

Stanley (1972) - Tuesday 4th October.

EDIT: Barn of the Naked Dead has been released before by Code Red, under another name (Terror Circus). Read about this on AV Maniacs' forum.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Weird thing with the Maria's "B" Movie Mayhem double feature title of Scream (1981) and Barn of the Naked Dead (1974). Pre-ordered it before the 27th September release date, and yet it didn't ship around that date. And yet there were copies being sold on Amazon.com Marketplace. At last though, it's been shipped.

Was Vampire at Midnight a TV movie, because the aspect ratio given on Code Red's website is 1.33:1? However, the aspect ratio given on their website for one or two titles hasn't been correct, so it could be that Vampire at Midnight was filmed in widescreen.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Thanks for answering that question Mark.

Fingers crossed Vampire at Midnight isn't delayed like with Scream and Barn of the Naked Dead.

Also, another upcoming Code Red title is Blood Mania (1970) (source: Code Red DVD blog post about an interview with actress Vicki Peters which will be on the release).

cineMANIAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Luis
WaveCrest said:
Thanks for answering that question Mark.

Fingers crossed Vampire at Midnight isn't delayed like with Scream and Barn of the Naked Dead.

Also, another upcoming Code Red title is Blood Mania (1970) (source: Code Red DVD blog post about an interview with actress Vicki Peters which will be on the release).
Vampire at Midnight will be out on time, Richard - I already have a copy in my hands. Haven't had a chance to watch it yet.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
elDomenechHTF said:
Deep Discount shipped out Vampire at Midnight on Monday.

My copy was posted/shipped on Tuesday. No delay with this title.

Still need to get Rituals (1977).

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Quote:

Originally Posted by elDomenechHTF ../../295725/scorpion-releasing-new-company-that-offers-rare-obscure-campy-flicks/180#post_3862444
There'a a trailer for The Hearse on one of the recent Code Red DVDs so it might be safe to assume that they've acquired it. It's a good flick, very creepy at times. I've got a public-domain version which doesn't look too bad but a proper reissue would be great.

NOTE: The quoted post is post #209 on page 7 of the main Scorpion Releasing discussion thread in the DVD folder.

Fingers crossed the trailer for The Hearse (1980) is on the double feature DVD which includes Scream (1981).

Another Code Red title I've been meaning to get is the documentary Derby (aka Roller Derby) (1971).

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Scream and Barn of the Naked Dead arrived in post. Really like Code Red's front and rear artwork on their releases. On the rear boxart it says the total running time is 166 minutes, but on the disc itself it states 186 minutes. Assuming this doesn't include the extras for Barn of the Naked Dead.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Two more titles coming soon from Code Red (source: blog article via Code Red's website), a couple of Leo Fong films (which will include an audio commentary for both films by the actor):

Killpoint (1984) - previously released on DVD by BCI, also starring Richard Roundtree and Cameron Mitchell
Low Blow (1986) - previously released on DVD by BCI, also starring Cameron Mitchell.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
New Code Red DVD blog post posted yesterday (via their website), with info and front cover artwork for four titles being released between February and March 2012 (source of release dates is DVD Aficionado):

The Babysitter (1969) / The Topless Story (1966) (Double Feature title)
Ghostkeeper: 30th Anniversary Edition (1981)
Popcorn (1991) - Tuesday 28th February, 2012
The Severed Arm (1973) / So Sad About Gloria (1975) (Maria's "B" Movie Mayhem title).

Just love the artwork for Ghostkeeper. Worth the wait. Maybe it's because Christmas is just over a month away, but it has a festive look to it with the colour scheme and the lodge along the bottom of the front cover.

Hopefully The Hearse (1980) will follow early on next year.

codereddvd

Auditioning
Real Name
bill olsen
DeWilson said:
But the question is - are those overseas titles LICENCED by the rights holders?
If so, then CODE RED should have an issue with the rights holders as well. A rights holder should protect it's licensors from "ripping off" each others restoration work.
Did these companies approach CODE RED to use their elements and didn't want to pay CODE RED a fair fee to use the restored masters? So they just went and "stole" CODE RED's transfers and content?
At the end of the day who OWNS the restored masters, CODE RED or the rights holders?
Is this a legal issue,or a moral issue? or both?
I was never contacted by a French company who ripped my disc and released the films. I licensed these film and majority of rights owner are old people. Like DEVIL TIMES FIVE is owned by Jordan Wank and the money we made is nowhere near the big sales they are receiving.
at the end of the day, the rights owner owns the film and restoration is owned by both of us. WE WERE NEVER PAID OR OFFERED ANY DEAL.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
An audio commentary with the director of Retribution (1987), Guy Magar, has been recorded for Code Red DVD's release of the film. Also, this title could be released around July 2012 (source: Code Red late November blog post, via their website).

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Updated post #55 as Ghostkeeper: 30th Anniversary Edition isn't listed on DVD Aficionado at the moment.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
WaveCrest said:
Updated post #55 as Ghostkeeper: 30th Anniversary Edition isn't listed on DVD Aficionado at the moment.
What is going on with this title? I've been waiting forever.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks