What's new

Code for wires (1 Viewer)

Rick Thoms

Agent
I'm running all my wires to the back of my room through the outside wall. I found out I need CL-2 rated speaker wires.I'm also running a Bluejeans component and cablewholesale S-video through too? Are they going to be alright?thanks

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member
Are you getting your work inspected? A lot of inspectors want to see cable that is specifically marked for in-wall installation.

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Rick-
CL-2 and CL-3 cable is a specification that deals with with jacket flammability. Inspectors (rightfully so) don't want cable strung through your walls that could spread an existing fire from one part of the house to another. If the job is not being inspected, and the non CL rated cables are in the same area of the house you should be ok. You could always use RG-6 cable instead of the Blue Jeans if you are really concerned. I find that I often have to go back to a job after the inspector leaves to run a HDMI cable in the wall to a plasma location, since I haven't found one with a CL rated jacket yet.

Rick Thoms

Agent
No Inspector. It's actually all drywalled.The wall steps in about 4' up so I'm just going to build a little wall 3/12' and continue it all the way up and thats where I'm going to run wires to the back

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation554
Recent bookmarks