1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Blu-ray Review Coco Blu-ray Review

Discussion in 'Blu-ray and UHD' started by Todd Erwin, Feb 27, 2018.

1. Todd Erwin

Todd Erwin Producer
    Reviewer

Todd Erwin
    Todd Erwin

Coco Blu-ray Review
    [​IMG]

Coco is, quite possibly, Pixar's most colorful and beautifully animated feature to date. Disney’s Multi-Screen Edition contains the film on Blu-ray and DVD, plus an extra Blu-ray disc full of extras, and a digital copy to boot.

[review]

Rodney likes this.
  2. Edwin-S

Edwin-S Lead Actor
    Supporter

I'd certainly like to add this to my collection but 35 dollars Canadian and no 3D copy.in the 4K version sure.makes the decision not to purchase a.lot easier. Thanks Igor.

Johnny Angell likes this.
  3. noel aguirre

noel aguirre Second Unit
    Supporter

noel
    My 3D copy arrived today and I just finished watching and am very happy I splurged for it. The 3D really adds to the hallucinogenic visuals. Very bright and splendid colors and a great sweet story Sadly only available on eBay.

4. David Norman

David Norman Producer

Well there are a few other places if you want to order it now -- playasia, yesasia

There will be plenty of others over the next few weeks -- UK, Germany, France, Spain, etc

5. Mark VH

Mark VH Second Unit

"Coco is a technical achievement for Pixar, but lacks a strong storyline that is the studio’s trademark."

To each their own, but I don't agree with this assertion at all. I think Coco's story ranks with the upper tier of Pixar films. I also was not expecting much from the movie and honestly came out thinking it's the studio's best movie since Up (I don't love Toy Story 3 like some, and think Inside Out is just very good as opposed to great). I think Coco is one of the four or five best they've made. Very much looking forward to nabbing the Blu of this.

6. Scamp

Scamp Stunt Coordinator

Jason
    Has anyone noticed any weird coloring during the scenes in the Ofrenda room? When viewing the blu-ray, the scenes appeared abnormally orange saturated to me. Don't recall this from seeing it in the theaters. I'm assuming the coloring is due to the lighting coming from all the candles in the room, but it just looked very odd to me vs how I recall seeing it on the big screen. I didn't notice any odd coloring during other scenes in the film, just the Ofrenda room ones. Perhaps it's my tv settings, but wanted to get others' opinions.