1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Cobra Kai

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by John*Wells, Dec 1, 2019.

1. John*Wells

John*Wells Screenwriter

John
    I watched my season 1-2 set and was happy with the show. However, the packaging leaves a bad impression. I’m not at all a fan of the stack spindle. The 4 discs where stacked on on top of the other.

Sony has done this in the past. A more glaring example was the Dawson’s creek complete series release in which discs were stacked one on top of the other. They were held in stack only by a piece of cardboard

it seems to me that this system is more likely to lead to damage of discs themselves

2. Josh Steinberg

Josh Steinberg Executive Producer
    Reviewer

Josh Steinberg
    I’ve actually never had a stacked hub disc go bad on me. For what it’s worth, stacked spindles is how inventory is stored at replication plants and storage facilities until the discs are ready to be packaged and sold. A studio might, for example, have 2000 disc copies pressed at once but only prepare 500 for immediate sale. I’ve had DVDs, CDs, and DVD-Rs and CD-Rs in spindles for decades with no issues. In terms of longevity it shouldn’t make a difference.